Hi!

I am looking for help/information regarding getting started with a CNC router, geared for cutting/carving wood. I have been researching all necessary parts and components to get started, but I am wondering if I am missing anything.

I am Active Duty military, and in my free time make wooden signs (mostly state cutouts) as a hobby for close friends and family. I have recently gained alot of interest from other people wanting to buy what I am selling, and put some money aside to purchase a CNC router, in hopes to hasten the initial construction of my signs before all the fine tuning. I am also interested in carving custom cutting boards, entrance signs, and possibly engraving cabinets..

I have decided on the Zenbot 2448 CNC Router, as it seems it is more than capable of this application. Being a beginner, I am unaware of all the necessary components needed to make everything work, I am sure there will be setup instructions sent with the CNC machine when purchased, but I just wanted to get an understanding if I am even capable of using it, software wise.

On the Zenbot website, it lists the add-on options of a Spindal Mount for the router itself, a Control Box, Mach 3 software, and Ventric CAD/CAM software. There is also an accessories drop down that lists a stepper motor for purchase. Before I list all the components I plan to buy, I would like to discuss compatibility with my laptop. I have a Beats Special Edition 15-p030nr 15.6" Multi-Touch Computer. It has a 1.7 GHz AMD A8-5545M Quad-Core, 8GB of DDR3L RAM, 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive, and AMD Radeon HD 8510G Graphics.

I was reading that if i purchased a CNCdrive UC100 USB to Parallel CNC Motion Controller, it may make it possible to control my CNC machine from a laptop. However, I was wondering if it would be possible with my specific latop described above, or if I will have to purchase a whole new PC.

On to my wishlist! I will list all parts components I plan to purchase below:

-Zenbot 2448 CNC Router (with Hitachi M12vc spindle mount)
-Gecko g540 control box
-Mach 3 control software
-Vectric V Carve Pro CAD/CAM software
-425 oz/in stepper motor? (unaware what purpose this serves, but it seems like I need it)
-CNCdrive UC100 USB to Parallel CNC Motion Controller (off Amazon)
-Hitachi M12VC 2-1/4 Peak HP Variable Speed Fixed Base Router
-Various clamps and bits

I was wondering if all of this gear will suffice to get up and running. I obviously plan on putting alot of work into learning the ins and outs of the software, I just dont know if this setup will be enough to get to the point where i may begin cutting/carving.

If so, I would reaaaally appreciate if someone can give a rundown of how all these components tie together, and tell the CNC machine how to do its job! I am essentially asking for a CNC For Dummies rundown.

Only one more question, I promise. On the Vectric software website, it has an extensive list of programmable carvings for purchase. Would I be able to take advantage of these products with my machine, and will it be as easy as downloading the picture file, transfering it over to my Vectric software, and letting it do its magic with my CNC router?

I want to say thank you so much for your information ahead of time. I am very devoted to learn this process, and cant wait to get to cutting/carving! Thanks!