584,860 active members*
5,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Scam or real? Please let me know what you think

Scam or real? Please let me know what you think

I just bought one of these, then researched the company and got a refund because I fear its a scam.. What do you guys think?
    https://www.fabricateamerica.com/col...ting-machine-1

I could be wrong, but I can find absolutely nothing on this company anywhere

Only contact or info is generic website and facebook, I saw 1 post from someone saying he bought, but its all just weird in pics all cheesiness ppl or heads in the pictures are cut off. they say they are in California, vauge description of machines. its all just strange only started posting since Nov last year Again I dont want to disparage anyone but just seems too good to be true, I also stopped payment thru my bank just seems strange. am I wrong please someone else check it out Nothing from BBB no business registered, didnt charge me tax... here is the facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/FabricateAm...redirect=false

Re: Scam or real? Please let me know what you think

Why would you send money to a company you haven't checked out first ? If you used a bank wire transfer most likely will not get your money back . Do I think it's a scam? Yes!!

because I ****ed up.. Im new to CNC, a beginning hobbyist armed with 2 days of knowledge I saw the specs after looking for a couple days and pulled the trigger, realized my mistake after an hour and fixed it. I cant believe I fell for it. But thank god I did realize it. Im now talking to some others on there asking if they received theirs, they are saying no because of Covid. man I feel bad for them.. I guess Im going to get a CNCShark Oh well. I figured they at best would try and send some cheap Chinese knock off

Whatever happened to the Escrow thing...........would that work for you?

I was under the impression that PAYPAL will cover your rear end and get you a refund if the other party goes "funny" if you use their paying facility.
    Ian.

Streetview shows a tiny little industrial unit. Can't be bigger than a few heads at most - if that really is their address. The building is blank, no name on the door....

its weird, they have a tech support number, sales nnumber and offer financing thru amerifund So i dont know what to think,, I know something shady is going on. I told them I needed a refund he promptly refunded it, but I still didnt trust that and disputed the charges

I checked streetview, I tried finding the company anywhere else, all it is is a facebook page and website thru shopify. I dont know if they are drop shipping from china, or what or straight up taking peoples money

Quote Originally Posted by katohio View Post
    its weird, they have a tech support number, sales nnumber and offer financing thru amerifund So i dont know what to think,, I know something shady is going on. I told them I needed a refund he promptly refunded it, but I still didnt trust that and disputed the charges
    I would say that if you requested a refund and promptly received it, then it's not a scam. Sounds like a small startup business without a lot of infrastructure. And yes, most likely is importing from China.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Maybe, but they say they are building them in house in california...

https://www.fabricateamerica.com/col...ting-machine-1
    they just raised the price a few hundred

The guy was cool, sent me video of the refund on his screen, the shop.. so I was paranoid I didnt want to jump to conclusions but again im new to this...

So I am reordering, I was wrong. They seem legit to me Im comfortable enough to reorder Just want to put that out there

This video is for those who want to know how we can sell our machines at such a low price.
    We don't have a huge warehouse.
    We don't have tons of employees.
    We keep it simple and pass the savings to you.

yea, again my apologies wasnt trying to stir up anything. I just really thought I got got.. I truly am sorry for anything negative that might have happened due to me freaking out. I feel like a retard now.. It really was such a good deal that I thought i got scammed, I think this is the best deal around and am myself ordering one. And I want to add they were awesome the whole time, I didnt bring it up to them because I didnt want to lose my money. I had all kinds of stuff running thru my head and because of that I feel like I screwed you guys over, not my intention at all.

"If something looks like scam, then it's scam".
    You should remember this wisdom!

That is so my friend, if something looks like a scam, then it is a scam. Here is a site that told me where they have carried out several scams, not if it is real because it did not happen to me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by katohio View Post
    So I am reordering, I was wrong. They seem legit to me Im comfortable enough to reorder Just want to put that out there
    The machine is not very well built it's about 10 years behind of where most are today even a Chinese machine is better built than that is, I would not buy it

It would be Ok as a plasma machine
    Mactec54

Some info from a whois lookup..

Name: FABRICATEAMERICA.COM

Registry Expiration: 2020-07-18 05:40:44 UTC
    Created: 2018-07-18 05:40:44 UTC