585,717 active members*
4,051 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New citizen cincom L20

We just recently took delivery of a citizen cincom L20 with a Mitsubishi control. This is the first swiss we have that isn't a tsugami. My operators/tech guys are asking for a load meter screen to monitor spindle and axis loads to be able to know what their tooling is doing. I can not for the life of me find where or how to activate those features for this machine. On Fanuc controllers they are right there......Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: New citizen cincom L20

hy, i have observed tool life for long setups, that would be there at least for a few months, and i worked with citizens and bigger lathes

i really have no clue if there is monitoring on citizen, simply because we would inspect the part, and decide if it was required to change a tool ... if you wish, consider using powerfull, big magnifying glass

our operator was experienced, being able to hear the machine and we used quality carbide

i just searched through the manuals, so please find attached pdf, about displaying the meters

i don't know how to use monitoring inside the program

On Fanuc controllers they are right there
    please, how do you use monitoring on fanuc ? do you implement it inside the program ? i know that is not related to your question, but i wish to know about fanuc's monitoring capabilities / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

on fanuc controls you can see the loads for the spindle and for the axis, generally in the Position screen. You can tell a lot about how a tool is running by watching the torque load required to feed a tool during a cut. On nearly every control I have used, whether it be a fanuc, or fanuc based, like on Fadal, or a Haas, Mitsubishi Meldas 60, Hiedenhien they all have torque load meters for each of the axis. This citizen which has a mits controller doesn't seem to have it readily available. It has never been anything I had to call up in a program, it's part of the machine display which is controlled by the PLC logic I suppose.......

i believe that it is under the maintenance hard key
    then scroll thru the soft keys until you get to sp load soft key
    it will be a digital meter about 4-5 rows down