584,800 active members*
4,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need some bearings

Hello All,

I've been working on my machine and I have a few bearing that needs to be replaced. SB201-8 is the number and I am able to find them although I have 3 that are in a flange and they can't be removed without damaging the flange (I think)

Any ideas and where I can get something like this. The originals were made in Taiwan. I attached a picture of what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Re: Need some bearings

The SB201-8 is a standard bearing that you should be able to buy from VXB or another manufacturer.

The flange with the square holes is a custom part. You do have to press the old bearing out and press a new one in.

It helps when people put there location in their details.
    This is how it looks:
    https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/pr...iABEgLp8fD_BwE
    (uk company)

As stated earier. You'll need to take it out of the custom mounting with the squares in.

Quote Originally Posted by dazp1976 View Post
    It helps when people put there location in their details.
    This is how it looks:
    https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/pr...iABEgLp8fD_BwE
    (uk company)

As stated earier. You'll need to take it out of the custom mounting with the squares in.
    That may not be the Bearing that you have listed they come in different types, Spherical Outer / Parallel outer and Parallel outer with a Flange

Need to see a photo of the back side to see what Bearing is correct for this mount
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Angelok View Post
    Hello All,

I've been working on my machine and I have a few bearing that needs to be replaced. SB201-8 is the number and I am able to find them although I have 3 that are in a flange and they can't be removed without damaging the flange (I think)

Any ideas and where I can get something like this. The originals were made in Taiwan. I attached a picture of what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    Looking at the photo it looks like the Bearing has been staked into the housing if this is the case then you won't be able to change the Bearing very easily, need to see a photo of the back side of the unit
    Mactec54

Hello Everyone.

Thank you for the feedback. I made a few calls to some bearing suppliers and the flange was custom. If the bearing can come out it will only be from the front. It's still working for now so I'm afraid to attempt to remove in incase I damage the flange. One of the companies I called is looking into it so hopefully, they can find something.

I'll let everyone know what I find. Thanks again for the feedback.

Update. I was able to locate the bearing with the flange locally at a reasonable price. I'll update my profile and add my location which is Toronto Canada. If anyone needs anything like this John at Trinity Industrial (416-460-3081) found what I needed right away.