Hello All,

Either I did something stupid, or I did a good deal. Either way, what I did was buying an Gravograph LS500XL, which was stored (or dumped), in a moisty garage for about 6 years. The owner sold it to me including a ton of material to work with for about € 300. Not knowing if it would still run, I went for it anyway. I knew the chances are big it would no longer fire and the tube would need replacement or refilling. It's a Synrad metal tube, so it is high quality but chances are slim it survived that storing period.

Anyway

- At first startup it gave an end limit switch error which was quickly fixed (z-spring sensor was rusted and did no longer move).
- Next I ran into a halt since it throws an "Defaut laser", machine is in french, but it means "Error (or fault) Laser".

With the machine came 4 diskette drives with software and a link cable, but like one of those old pin cables which non of my computers still have. So I need to look for an old pc to link to this machine. Now the main question is, does this machine recognise a depleted tube, or are there different things causing this issue (power supply for example). Getting the tube refilled would cost met € 1200. But I have never worked with the machine before so it might be wasted money if it still not run after doing that.

Any ideas on what I should do next to complete my "rescue" action on this machine?

Thanks!