584,814 active members*
5,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Hobby Discussion > Laser Scoring Acrylic Mirror

Laser Scoring Acrylic Mirror

Lets say I score a 10 x 10 grid on an acrylic mirror sheet, after I have to peel 100 pieces of the protective film from the mirror. This is very time consuming and I have tried a myriad of different things to cut this process short. I have tried Goo Gone, dipping the mirror in hot soapy water to see if it loosens the film. I have tried industrial strength super tape. Ultimately I have to peel them one by one with my fingernails which is a very slow process. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove the plastic film after scoring? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Last edited by jp1227; 04-28-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Re: Laser Scoring Acrylic Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by jp1227 View Post
    Lets say I score a 10 x 10 grid on an acrylic mirror sheet, after I have to peel 100 pieces of the protective film from the mirror. This is very time consuming and I have tried a myriad of different things to cut this process short. I have tried Goo Gone, dipping the mirror in hot soapy water to see if it loosens the film. I have tried industrial strength super tape. Ultimately I have to peel them one by one with my fingernails which is a very slow process. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can remove the plastic film after scoring? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    Just stick some tape on top of the protective film, that has a stronger adhesive - it should pull the protective film away when you remove it.