584,805 active members*
5,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Maho MH 600E2 tool changer error E185

Hi everyone, I recently got a maho MH600E2 with 20 magazine tool changer and after a few days of getting used to the controller and the machine, it got stuck on error E185 "Tool in tool gripper". Is there a less intrusive way of getting over this issue other than taking the controller battery out reset?

Thanks in Advance,

Abreham

Re: Maho MH 600E2 tool changer error E185

Hello ,

Have you tried M77 from tecah in to reset the tool magazine?

Hi there viorel23cnc,

Yes i did try that and it returned the tool changer arm to its original position but not the tool gripper ( I think i have read that somewhere where you commented on someone's post).
    Someone also commented about removing the battery and resetting the controller helped.
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ethiocnc View Post
    Hi there viorel23cnc,

Yes i did try that and it returned the tool changer arm to its original position but not the tool gripper ( I think i have read that somewhere where you commented on someone's post).
    Someone also commented about removing the battery and resetting the controller helped.
    I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.
    You probably have a sensor problem. It happends with this old machines as they age and after transport. Try to pres the hydraulic valve of the gripper and see if anything changes. If that dosn t work inspect the gripper sensor. It is an inductive type sensor. From the main page of the controller press soft key Dysplay then PLC MON. It will show you all the PLCs proceses. You must identify the bit for the gripper sensor , row and column. I dont know exactly witch one is on my machine but I will check and let you know. Take a copper foil and put it between the sensor and the gripper. See if the bit turns from 1 to 0. If so then probably the loading arm was crashed some time in the past. If not then get an engineer to change the sensor with a new one. As caution you must never work on a toolchanger if M6 is active, because the arm can start moving and hurt you badly.

Quote Originally Posted by viorel23cnc View Post
    You probably have a sensor problem. It happends with this old machines as they age and after transport. Try to pres the hydraulic valve of the gripper and see if anything changes. If that dosn t work inspect the gripper sensor. It is an inductive type sensor. From the main page of the controller press soft key Dysplay then PLC MON. It will show you all the PLCs proceses. You must identify the bit for the gripper sensor , row and column. I dont know exactly witch one is on my machine but I will check and let you know. Take a copper foil and put it between the sensor and the gripper. See if the bit turns from 1 to 0. If so then probably the loading arm was crashed some time in the past. If not then get an engineer to change the sensor with a new one. As caution you must never work on a toolchanger if M6 is active, because the arm can start moving and hurt you badly.
    Thanks a lot for your input. I'll try that tomorrow and update.

Cheers,

I'm back again.
    The M77 command did return the arm into position and tool change worked well until returning the arm again an it freezes midway! Even the controller becomes unresponsive so i have to restart the machine and manually return the arm through the solenoids and use M77 command once again to return it to position. This repeats a few times so i stopped it before i damage something out of desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by ethiocnc View Post
    I'm back again.
    The M77 command did return the arm into position and tool change worked well until returning the arm again an it freezes midway! Even the controller becomes unresponsive so i have to restart the machine and manually return the arm through the solenoids and use M77 command once again to return it to position. This repeats a few times so i stopped it before i damage something out of desperation.
    You probably have something more serious with your machine and should consider getting a service team. But depending on your country it may not be worth the money. Before I worked with a Maho 1600 S , I had a Maho 600 e without a tool changer. So to change tools manually in a program I used M67 and M66. It is a lot faster than the aoutomatic tool changer on your 600 e 2. Give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by viorel23cnc View Post
    You probably have something more serious with your machine and should consider getting a service team. But depending on your country it may not be worth the money. Before I worked with a Maho 1600 S , I had a Maho 600 e without a tool changer. So to change tools manually in a program I used M67 and M66. It is a lot faster than the aoutomatic tool changer on your 600 e 2. Give it a try
    I'm sure there isn't anyone that services these machines where i live ( In Ethiopia) . Anyways, is there a button for a manual tool change on the control board? I am using M67 but with the help of a friend and by triggering the tool changer solenoid manually. Thanks