I got my kflop, kanalog and konnect in the mail today. I am going to be retrofitting my A2100 control on my Mighty MV-40 while I am sitting around not doing much due to Corona lock downs. The machine still works but after having to replace a few 1500$ boards over the last 2 years I am ready to not have to rely on 1990's era consumer level PC hardware. I also have a small European 4th axis I picked up for a cheap and would like to be able to use.

This should theoretically be pretty straight forward as the original control is PC based and I have pin-outs for the I/O connectors; they are all 24v. I am however an electrical novice at best!

I am going to to hook everything up through terminal blocks using the original cables and wiring so that I can swap back and forth between the current control and the new one until it is as close to complete as I can get. This will also let me power the machine up and check voltages etc as I am going along.

I will likely be doing everything backwards from normal. All I/O will be first, followed by the servo drives and spindle.

All I managed to get done this evening was getting the power bus for the servos/spindle to turn on with the original control off.

Normally the power up operation is:
Flip machine disconnect on which sends juice to the spindle/servo power supply
Power on A2100 (it's on a separate power circuit to keep it off the phase converter)
Once the control is powered up, push the machine power button to init the drives which send a ready signal to the control

Unfortunately he machine power buttons are enabled by the original control outside of the general I/O; that will all get replaced eventually but for now gets to be bypassed; fortunately the e-stop circuit still works.

I'll be very lucky if I don't fry anything before I am done!