584,805 active members*
5,059 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge GT27 Fanuc 18t Control lube problem

Hardinge GT27 Fanuc 18t Control lube problem

We have a problem with the slide lubrication Autolube system.
    It alarms out in the mornings every 2.5 mins for a couple of houres then works ok.
    we check the pressure switch and thats ok, replaced the original lubricator with a chineese one which is set to cycle every 2mins for 10 seconds.
    still having the 1016 alarm with new auto lubricater. checked all pipes for leaks and all are ok.
    Eventualy after 2 or more houres the MC will run without a problem rest of the day, untill the next morning when we have the same problem.
    looking to disable the timers keeprl or whatever controls the frequency and time of lubricator, its not needed now we have the chineese lubricator.
    What parameters do we alter?

Mike

Re: Hardinge GT27 Fanuc 18t Control lube problem

I think that I had the same problem as moso. In my case problem was with bubbles of air in oil pipes. You can check this by removing metal plate from the right side of feeder block (where your tools are - see picture that is attached). There you can see on pump-like element that can be pressed down. When you press it down it pumps oil and forces air out of the system. Depending on the amount of air it could take few minutes to remove it all. It is possible that this error occurs few more times when resto of the air gets to the pipes where you can see it. Just repeat the process.