585,557 active members*
3,324 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2 Heidenhain TNC 155

Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2 Heidenhain TNC 155

I purchased a pre used CNC Mill - Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2 with Heidenhain TNC 155 control.

This is my first CNC machine and I do not have any experience of operating CNC machines. The main purpose of this machine is to get hands on experience in CNC machining.

The machine is in running condition now and for reaching this stage, CNCzone members helped with their valuable advice in selecting the transformer, loading the missing machine parameters and moving the machine table with program.

I am starting this new thread as I see the topics of future discussions regarding this mill going beyond the heading of previous thread that is “Bridgeport Series 2 Interact 2 Transformer”

I started with conversational programming. Latter I got a snap-on overlay key board from Heidenhain and decided to go for conventional ISO Format (G-Code)

At present I am doing my design work in AutoCad. The prototype parts I make are not complex and do not have complex or curved profiles. These parts are being made on manual milling machine with 4 to 6 tool changes.

I think at some stage I will require a CAM program to produce parts efficiently. The costs of these programs are quite high and vary a lot in features and cost. I am not sure if this is the right time to start learning with CAM?

I will appreciate the input of members about their experience and advice and also regarding the various CAM programs I should start exploring.

R. Rossey

R.
    I also have a Bridgeport series 2 Interact 4 with the heildenhain TNC 155b controller. I use BobCAD which is a CAD/CAM program and find it pretty easy to use with some study. I had to get a post processor from BobCad to run the conversational on the heildenhain. The sales rep I purchased from is Larry Pearce from CADCAM depot. com. His phone number is 1-877-880-4488. He has been a great help to me in learning the program and I highly recommend you call and talk to him. I don't get any referral money, so not to worry, but he is a great person and willing to spend whatever time you need. I purchased from almost a year ago and he still lends support when I call him.

Hope this helps, and by the way the cost is not as advertised on bobCad web site. I purchased my version 20 for under $700. and they have many different program options to add additional functions.

Ben

Thanks Bherr for the information. I contacted Bobcadam; the price they quoted is US$ 2500 for V.21.

I was looking at other CAM programs also. Probably MasterCam is quite widely used. Although this program is costly, but it can handle the future requirements of complicated jobs efficiently. The information available for training in the book form, tutorial video or from operators working in nearby industries is easily available.

I will appreciate opinion from members using MasterCam.

Some more questions:

Is MasterCam compatible with Heidenhain TNC 155 controller? Can I have some idea how the program will interact with the controller?

What are the other bells and whistles required with the program to run the machine?

Is it that the program will create a g-code file that has to be transferred to the machine controller?

Where can I find this information or answers to similar novice questions?

Thanks,

R. Rossey

I have bought on e-bay a programm from OBO.
    It Costs 50 euro or so and it works perfectly

well index model 520 tnc 155

rrossey:
    I read your message about bridgeport interact II series 2
    I have a milling well index model 520 is like with control heidenhain tnc 155
    this is like your bridgeport machine
    I need to enter initial parameters
    please, Can you send me this parameters?

I will send the prameters, but it will take a day or two to locate the papers.
    The machine has not been operated for almost one year and has again lost the prameters as the battery went dead.
    Send me your email address.

Quote Originally Posted by rrossey View Post
    The machine has not been operated for almost one year and has again lost the prameters as the battery went dead.

this is my email
    [email protected]

I attached an Excel file to your email.
    Let me know if you require further information.

I attached an Excel file to your email.
    Let me know if you require further information.
    Can you give me a parameter too. I am very headach for right parameter
    my TNC155 have a problem about gross positon error too.

Please give me parameter at [email protected]

I will send the parameters soon, give me some time to locate the files.

RRossey

I know this thread is old but on the off chance it pays off…. You wouldn’t happen to still have the excel spreadsheet with machine parameters for heidenhain tnc155, would you? I just purchased a wells index 420-3 cnc with heidenhain tnc155 control and the buffer batteries probably died when I graduated high school. It came with no media for restoring them.