585,949 active members*
3,923 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Heidenhain TNC 150B Problem on Bridgeport Interact 1

Heidenhain TNC 150B Problem on Bridgeport Interact 1

Hi, I have a problem with a TNC 150B on an Interact 1. When the machine is turned on the control goes through it's start up sequence apparently normally and ends up at it's normal POWER INTERRUPTED display with the normal various position coordinates. All the Leds are lit on the panel as normal, but when I press CE to proceed to the referencing stage nothing happens. I have tested all of the buttons on the front panel and they all work as they should. I have also tested the 24v DC supply and all of the inputs i.e. reference switches, limit switches etc. I think the fault is probably in the control itself but if anyone has any ideas on where the fault may lie or what may be causing it I would be grateful.
    Thank you
    S P Hill

As stupid as it sounds check all the emergency stops are out. I thought it was CE then cycle start to punch through each referencing but I maybe misremembering

Quote Originally Posted by sphill View Post
    Hi, I have a problem with a TNC 150B on an Interact 1. When the machine is turned on the control goes through it's start up sequence apparently normally and ends up at it's normal POWER INTERRUPTED display with the normal various position coordinates. All the Leds are lit on the panel as normal, but when I press CE to proceed to the referencing stage nothing happens. I have tested all of the buttons on the front panel and they all work as they should. I have also tested the 24v DC supply and all of the inputs i.e. reference switches, limit switches etc. I think the fault is probably in the control itself but if anyone has any ideas on where the fault may lie or what may be causing it I would be grateful.
    Thank you
    S P Hill

Re: Heidenhain TNC 150B Problem on Bridgeport Interact 1

Hi, Yes I checked the emergency stops and just about every other reference and limit switch I could find on the circuit diagram. I have also checked the supplies 110ac and 24Vdc and all of the overloads on the motors etc. The control just ignores me pushing the CE button and will not proceed to the next stage. I have come to the conclusion that the fault is in the control itself but I am open to any help or advice that would help me solve this problem.
    Thank you for your reply.

When you press CE do the LED's go out ?

Is this machine new to you? IOW has it run before?

the process is CE, Power Enable, then run[Z home], run[[Xor Y home] ,[Yor X home]

If you hit CE and the leds go out, and the screen shows the axis waiting to home, hit power enable, then when you hit 'run' it does nothing, it is most likely the EMO.

Check the oil

If the LEDS don't go out, then something is internally wrong

Hi Gus, thanks for your reply. In answer to your questions.

No, I have had the machine for over ten years and yes it has run properly before. It started out with a TNC145 control but that died and I upgraded it to a TNC 150B at least eight years ago and it has worked fine up until about 18 months ago when it was working one day and the next it was like it is now.

When I hit CE it does nothing, the leds do not go out and the screen does not change. As you can see from my earlier posts I think that I have checked pretty much every thing that I can think of, including the lube oil.

I had come to the conclusion that there was something wrong with the control itself rather than the machine as you seem to have at the end of your reply.

Thanks Simon.

What happens if you disconnect the axis from the controller one by one? Might be a way of working out if its the controller or something else.

I will hopefully have a TNC145 becoming available once I get up the courage to fit the TNC151 and input the parameters. It is concern about getting the latter wrong that is stopping me. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks

Andrew