584,833 active members*
5,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > Drill holes change place in machining

Drill holes change place in machining

Hello,

We are using an old version of AlphaCam in our shop. If I remember correctly it's Version 7. We use the AlphaCam with Biesse Rover C9 through a post prosessor and we have a problem with it with our new project. We are machining a bend UPM Grada plywood chair with a routing mould vacuumed to the table. The routing is 5-axis along with the seat part and backrest part of the chair. We also drill 4x 6mm holes and 4x 8mm holes to the seat part and 4x 6mm holes to the backrest part. All the machining works great in the simulation. Then we take the program through the post processor and give the necessary parametres of the routing mould. When the nc-code is done we open it with our old editor and change the correct machine origo. Now the program should be right and ready to go. Well, the machining of the chair works perfectly but when it starts to drill the holes.. well they are not even close where they are supposed to be. I mean, they are correct in the simulation but when it comes to the real machining the holes are f*cked up but the machining of the actual chair is perfect. Does anybody have any tip so we can get the holes on right place? Is this a software problem or post processor problem or something else?

Many thanks!

Re: Drill holes change place in machining

go & check ur alphacam multidrill selection to make sure it matches what is on ur post & ur machine. ive had the same problem alphacam was telling it to drill for different gangdrill i had selected . changed it to right 1 & it all worked. good luck

mike

Re: Drill holes change place in machining

Thanks for your response Mike.

I got it fixed. The problem was that in some point the different work planes origos were somehow changed to wrong corners and the wrong way. We never found out what caused this but it solved when we created the program again.