584,841 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Hypermill > Easy indexing with gun drills on 5 axis FPT Dino?

Easy indexing with gun drills on 5 axis FPT Dino?

Hi all,

Is there a easy way for indexing in the software?

We do a lot of parts with deep holes and long tools, and I have to make two frames, a pattern and a sketch with two lines to control the tool in my program every time I move to a new frame.

The problem is the movement of our spindle head, if I don’t do this rather bumpy programming, the machine just moves reference point in Z and turn the head at position. Using long tools, the machine will crash and destroy itself!

The machine can move by tool tip with a cycle, I am told that powermill made a post processor that does this.

And I was told that the local reseller can’t help with this...

I will take some screen shots at work, some times pictures shows what can’t be written...

I hope someone understand what I’m writing, I’m from Denmark and my English is not the best:-)

Cheers, Daniel

Edit: I was told that the reseller can’t help with the Post edit. I’m the new programmer using Hypermill, we are two programming 5 axis work in Hypermill, and I only have one to ask for help. I use forums to get new input on things that I feel can be made easier??