584,833 active members*
5,582 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > NVEM V2 connect to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3

Hybrid View

Exclamation NVEM V2 connect to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3

Hello,
    I'm struggling with:
    How to connect and run over Mach 3 program NVEM V2 ethernet card to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3
    The AC driver is kind of easy, I have manage to run it separately really quick, not difficult to set up (found online PDF instructions...)
    Over the NVEM V2 Mach 3 ethernet card I already have connected nema 34 stepper motors (3 axis) and this part running fine.
    So now I want to have spindle control over Mach 3, but I cant find electrical drawings how to connect NVEM V2 to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3
    SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3 with motor 90ST-M03520 (driver and motor with encoder come in set with cables - plug and play)
    This is Chinese brand from ebay

If anybody have idea, be a hero and help me
    Thanks in advance!

Re: NVEM V2 connect to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3

I am joining you on your quest to drive a AASD servo motor in Mach3 or Mach4. I just received the motor/driver but have not found much documentation for setting it up or connecting it to Mach3. So far I have found the Technical Manual For
    AASD Series Servo drives. It is a little over my head. If there is a clearer way to decipher what needs to be done and what interfaces/hardware are needed I would welcome the help.

I may have found some help for you and me. If you get things working the way you expect or have figured it out let me know.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xs?usp=sharing

Scott

Have you had any luck connecting your AASD servo driver to Mach? I am at the same point as you. I can jog the motor using the AASD function Jog. The motor spins. I think I have found the correct pinout for step and direction and have connect them to my BoB. Where I am stuck is in programing he AASD driver. I can't find anything specific on how to program the driver so it is taking inputs from Mach3 through the breakout board. Please let me know if you have been successful in getting Mach3 to control your AASD servo drive motor. I would like to learn how you did it.

Thanks,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Josip_Skukan View Post
    Hello,
    I'm struggling with:
    How to connect and run over Mach 3 program NVEM V2 ethernet card to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3
    The AC driver is kind of easy, I have manage to run it separately really quick, not difficult to set up (found online PDF instructions...)
    Over the NVEM V2 Mach 3 ethernet card I already have connected nema 34 stepper motors (3 axis) and this part running fine.
    So now I want to have spindle control over Mach 3, but I cant find electrical drawings how to connect NVEM V2 to AC SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3
    SERVO DRIVER AASD-15A-V6.3 with motor 90ST-M03520 (driver and motor with encoder come in set with cables - plug and play)
    This is Chinese brand from ebay

If anybody have idea, be a hero and help me
    Thanks in advance!

Josip

I believe that i have located the manual. Please see pages 27 and 80, Pn096? The command pulse input mode.
    This should get you going in the right direction. There is also a rs232 interface that you could use a terminal program to connect and possibly see the servo parameters.
    Have you tried locating any other software?

Hope this helps,

Iron-Man
    Attached Files Attached Files