CNC processing is a basic manufacturing method in the modern industry. Many industrial sectors require the CNC to process the components or produce products. At present the biggest issue for the US is the manufacturing no longer existed here. They have been moved to China, Vietnam, India, and other developing countries a long time ago. Although President Trump promises to make the US great again and swear to bring back those manufacturing, it is still a long time for us to wait.

One thing is confirmed that more industries moved back, more orders American CNC factories will get. But when all the industries moved back to the US one day, does American manufacturing has fully prepared for that? Can American workers work very hard like the Chinese workers or Vietnam Workers or India Workers? It is not the competition for labor costs. All the American workers can live a good middle-class life. American workers won’t compete with them for cheap. But the capitalist always thinks about profit and working efficiency. If you really ever watched the movie <<American Factories>>. You will know the big culture gap between the US and China. Maybe that is also the reason why many low-end and middle-end industries move to China and other third world countries since the beginning of globalization in 2000.

I can tell you an example maybe some of you guys know it already. When Apple want to move back some of their supply chains to the US. The biggest embarrassing thing is they even can not find a good supplier to produce the tiny locking screws on the iPhone. And the production capacity of local screw makers is too limited. Just like this pandemic when need more PPE like face mask, face shield, gown, gloves, etc. They suddenly discovered that they even can not make this simple product in the US. Lack of the mask making machine and need to import the materials from China. So I think one day when all the manufacturing shifted back to the US. Can the American manufacturers really prepare for that? I have to ask this. Building a complete supplying chain needs to take a long time. China takes 40 years to achieve that goal and Chinese people are very laborious. Maybe in your eyes that China dis-respect for democracy and have no human right. But could we achieve that goal in 10 years or even 5 years? I hope so.

I don’t want to blame anyone. I post this thread because I really get shocked by an incident. I have an automotive component prototype and medical equipment prototype. Our company designs it. During this Epidemic period all the nearby factories and workshops are shut down. So we have to seek for help overseas. Then I try to find some suppliers in China. I think my project is complicated enough. And we require a high quality level after all these products are supplied to some famous big companies. The surprising thing is not only we can find many companies in China can help us to do so, but also some of them are only small companies-Like 2Fprototype, only 100 employees here. They can handle CNC / Plastic Injection / Vaccum Casting /3D Printing / Stamping Die etc. Their system integration and engineering analysis ability is really great. What’s more that their salesman can take care of my business at the weekend. No matter whenever I call them or E-mail them, I always get a prompt response. I want to ask which American company can do so.

Yes. We want to bring back manufacturing but we need to sacrifice more to earn it back. Rome is not built in one day. America is a great country. We win the World War-1 and World War-2. We defeat the Soviet Empire during the Cold War and kill the Japanese Economic Power in the 1980s. US is still the leader in scientific innovation and we still have powerful military force on this planet. I think we can win this competition or war against China. But the question is whether we can sacrifice more and make more efforts to make our countries great again.