521,891 active members*
1,759 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Adaptive guide bushing

I’m running a citizen L32 with an adaptive guide bushing. I’ve never used one before so I’m not as tuned into it. We’re turning some heat treated 15-5 from 3/4 down to .255 for most of this 4 inch long part. I’m having all sorts of issues with tapering, chatter and just nasty stringy chips. I’m sure some is from the material but I wanna make sure I got everything as rigid as I can. Our only info in the book says you tighten the adaptive GB til you feel it bite then loosen 90 degrees and not to go off “feel”. Even when it’s claimed this feels to loose to me. I’ve already tightened it a little more and want to go a little bit more cause that seemed to help. Anyone got any tips on these things? Is this 90 degree thing true or do you gotta go less for a more snug fit on tough **** like this?

Re: Adaptive guide bushing

Turning machining occupies a very important position in the machining industry. Lathes are the most commonly used equipment in metal cutting machining, and the proportion in metal cutting machine tools is about 50%.

There are many types of lathes, which can be divided into the following types according to their uses and structures:
    ①horizontal lathes;
    ②vertical lathes;
    ③turret lathes;
    ④single-axis and multi-axis automatic lathes; Tool lathe;
    ⑥ automatic lathe;
    ⑦ CNC lathe and turning center.

There are also various special edition lathes (such as shovel tooth lathes, crankshaft lathes), etc.

The horizontal lathe has a wide range of applications.It is suitable for precision machining the rotary surface on various shafts, sleeves and discs, such as turning internal and external cylindrical surfaces, conical surfaces, ring grooves and forming rotary surfaces; turning various Thread; can also be processed for drilling, reaming, reaming, knurling, etc.