Hi All,

I am building a 5' x 10' (4' x 8' cutting area) Router which will be used for cutting full sheets of plywood for my kitchen cabinet shop. No metal. no carvings.

I went with my medium budget with the nema 34 closed loop steppers (thinking they would be my best bang for buck) with the thought of upgrading to DMM servos and linear rails down the line once I am familiar with programming, wiring ect. What I failed to realize is that some of the more experienced and seasoned contributors throughout the forums are not using these hybrid steppers. (I hope I didn't make a mistake with my purchase ) And so I am not finding much for wiring schematics and diagrams that pertain to my setup.

So my first question is to do with these hybrid stepper/servo drivers and the toroidal supply that is sold with them. These are the typical Chinese kits selling on ebay and amazon these days. I picked up the nema 34 1280oz kit

Kit includes:
(qty x1) 240vac to 60vac toroidal transformer (source of my first question)
(qty x4) HBS860H Drivers (accepts 20-70v AC or 30-100v DC)
(qty x4) 86HB120 Hybrid Servo Drives

Everything I read and study has to do with Antek power supplies that switch the incoming AC to DC voltage. My drivers will accept both AC and DC. Does anyone have experience or seen build threads with this particular set up (using my particular toroidal PS)? Is it better to use an Antek supply that will take care of the voltage swapping rather than depend on the drivers to do the swapping? and will these drivers prefer AC or DC?

My second question is that my toroidal power supply came with no labels for 240v and 60v. I have 2 yellow, 12 gauge wires coming out one side and 2 red, 14 gauge wires out the other side. Is it safe to assume that the heavier gauge wire would be the 240v side?

I have attached pictures of the driver, the Power supply and my rough in wiring so far. (I am not an expert at electrical so please offer suggestions as you see fit). Keep in mind this is a bench test and I will be using a proper enclosure and tiding wires up once its working. Might add circuit protection later IE circuit breaker, contactor, relay ect)