584,826 active members*
5,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > main board replaced now S command has no effect

main board replaced now S command has no effect

Can anyone shed some light on why the spindle speed s command has no impact on the spindle amps speed?

I can command any speed and have tried values from S200 to s5000 and the spindle amp says it is always 1218.
    m03, m04 and m05 work. M19 wont work and i'm gessing it is because the spindle is moving to fast from the set orientation speed.

Re: main board replaced now S command has no effect

Need more details with what controller and spindle amp you are working with. My guess with what little info I have is your 0 to 10 volt signal isn't changing. This comes from the main board that you replaced. Chances are the board is defective.

the board is a A06b-1010-0240 the amp is a 6059-H03. I should be able to find that on the amps input to test.

I did some measurements and while the spindle changes the sign of the commanded voltage so m03 and m04 work reversing the spindle the voltage on VCMD is pegged at 2V which is what the amp rpm is 1000rpm (5000rpm max).
    so it looks like the bad main board is right. Is there anything else I can check?

Quote Originally Posted by landslide1 View Post
    I did some measurements and while the spindle changes the sign of the commanded voltage so m03 and m04 work reversing the spindle the voltage on VCMD is pegged at 2V which is what the amp rpm is 1000rpm (5000rpm max).
    so it looks like the bad main board is right. Is there anything else I can check?
    How about the ROM? Almost in the dead center of the control board. There are also two choices for DA converter right above CN3 at the bottom of the board.
    The ROM is specific to the motor so you have to transfer it to the replacement board and the machine tool builder decides what IC they are going to use (CBI, CCD) at the location above CN3.

fReAkYcNc

thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if you were refering to the main control board or the spindle amps board.

I swapped over the rom chips when replacing the main controls board. this included the 9000 chip the two pcm-L chips and two other chips. I compaired both boards and the big A/d chip in the middle of the board was the same type. the only re-writeable chip i didn't change was the chip in the lower right of the board.

But there is no CN3 on the main board so you may be refering to the motor drive? it has be repaired recently but only components were changed not the roms. the roms are specific to the motor and they are the correct numbers for the drive model.

I thought I'd chime in and post the solution for others that may have the same problem.
    the board wasn't dead. I found another post on these formums with a reference to a 2V floating analogue voltage on an om-c system.
    there is a long chip with a gold stripe next to the 9000 eprom. It is unlabled so i missed it when transfering the chips over.
    the machine is 100% ok now.