584,846 active members*
4,577 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fidia > Loosing PLC program on FIDIA F1.0190

Loosing PLC program on FIDIA F1.0190

Hi,
    I loose PLC program after each turn off of the machine.
    Already replaced the battery on the CPU board,but no success.
    Appriciate any help.

Re: Loosing PLC program on FIDIA F1.0190

There is another battery in the controller. You have to open back cover behind the crt screen and pull out the circuit board.

The battery in the VGR board saves the VGR settings.
    I have already replaced both batterys one in CPU board another in VGR board,but loosing PLC program after each startup.
    Thank you very much.

Hello,

Since last couple of days my Fidia F1.0191 machine has the same problem. It loses instantly the PLC program after power off. I am having an engineer coming next week to check it. I will let you know. He did informed me that it can be serious since chips and other integrated circuits from that time are very hard to find. Off topic I am wondering if you can tell me how do you use the DNC or serial connection on your machine to transfer programs. I know on you have to transfer via TT0 but it wont let me access it.
    Thanks

Hello,
    I got a used Cortini M500 3years ago.Machine was out of operation and I repaired the spindle drive,Y axis ball screw bearing,lubrication tubes of X axis,flattened the work table and many other problems on the machine.
    The problem of loosing PLC program started from the first startup of the machine,most days starting the machine in mornings when it was shutt down last day afternoon the PLC program was OK,but if we started less than 2or 3 hours after shutt down the PLC program was lost.
    Its about 2 months that we loose PLC program every day.
    I think there is a hardware failure in the CPU board,I have discussed this to a technition ,the CPU board must be cheked.I am looking for a suitable time to do this.
    It took me about 2 month to solve the DNC problems of the machine.I have to study my records and will explain it to you in details.
    Nader

Hi,
    A cable with two 9 pin RS232 connectors is needed.
    One to your PC and the other to SLU2 on your machine.
    You must run FIDIA DNC software on your PC then WKS connects to your PC.
    I can mail you wiring of cable+DNC software+SLU2 board settings if you need.
    Nader

Quote Originally Posted by giahinader View Post
    Hi,
    Nader
    Thank you very much Nader!
    My email is [email protected]. Please send me all you can.

Regards
    Viorel

Hi,
    Nader
    Hi Nader,
    we have Fidia Digit 165 and we have a goal to get it connected to Fusion360 CAM. The problem is that our machine hasn't never been connected to any CAM software. Any idea could it be connected and which DNC software could work with Fidia? Haven't got any answers/help from Fidia to this matter. We would appreciate if you can give some advise for our problem.
    Thank's!
    Juha Alitalo
    [email protected]

Hi,
    I loose PLC program after each turn off of the machine.
    Already replaced the battery on the CPU board,but no success.
    Appriciate any help.
    After 5 years the problem of loosing plc program is fixed.
    The original battery on the cpu board was a packed box made in FRANCE .
    There were two 1.2V coin batteries in this box.
    I replaced the batteries with two 1.2V B250H coin batteries made in CHINA.
    The voltage on the batteries was 2.4V.
    After that the plc program was lost after each startup of the machine.
    The plc board was inspected for probable faults 3 times and 8 out of 16 RMAS on the board were replaced.
    The AF300 power supply was inspected for any fault.
    But no success.
    The plc program must be loaded from floppy disks after each startup of the machine.
    6 days ago I replaced the cpu batteries with two VARTA CF300H (Made in GERMANY) coin batteries.
    2.5Volts was the voltage on the batteries after replacement.
    After 10 working hours the situation was the same in the next day.
    but from the second day the plc program is saved and the machine starts up normally till now.
    I hope explaining this simple matter might help some one.
    regards-Nader

Dear Sir,
    I just saw your post.
    I have a FIDIA F1.0190 control.
    I am not familiar with FIDIA Digit 165.
    My machine connects to PC by a 9 pin RS232 cable from SLU2 on control to a PC using FIDIA DNC software.
    If details of this is useful I can mail it to you.
    Regards-Nader

After 5 years the problem of loosing plc program is fixed.
    The original battery on the cpu board was a packed box made in FRANCE .
    There were two 1.2V coin batteries in this box.
    I replaced the batteries with two 1.2V B250H coin batteries made in CHINA.
    The voltage on the batteries was 2.4V.
    After that the plc program was lost after each startup of the machine.
    The plc board was inspected for probable faults 3 times and 8 out of 16 RMAS on the board were replaced.
    The AF300 power supply was inspected for any fault.
    But no success.
    The plc program must be loaded from floppy disks after each startup of the machine.
    6 days ago I replaced the cpu batteries with two VARTA CF300H (Made in GERMANY) coin batteries.
    2.5Volts was the voltage on the batteries after replacement.
    After 10 working hours the situation was the same in the next day.
    but from the second day the plc program is saved and the machine starts up normally till now.
    I hope explaining this simple matter might help some one.
    regards-Nader
    ...the Quest? Adventure? smooth as glass. lov a good start

Quote Originally Posted by juhaali View Post
    Hi Nader,
    we have Fidia Digit 165 and we have a goal to get it connected to Fusion360 CAM. The problem is that our machine hasn't never been connected to any CAM software. Any idea could it be connected and which DNC software could work with Fidia? Haven't got any answers/help from Fidia to this matter. We would appreciate if you can give some advise for our problem.
    Thank's!
    Juha Alitalo
    [email protected]
    Dear Juha,
    I am not familiar with FIDIA Digit 165 My control is a FIDIA F1.10190 control.
    If you have not made DNC connection yet I can ask about FIDIA Digit 165 for you,There are so many FIDIA controls around me.
    Please find attached the FIDIA DNC SOFTWARE in ENGLISH, DNC CABLE DIAGRM and FIDIA SLU2 BOARD SETTINGS for FIDIA F1.0190 control.
    Best Wishes-Nader

Hi,
    Some people like me always think of the worst.
    If I could write my mistakes it would be more than a 1000 page book.
    Best Wishes-Nader

Dear Juha,
    I am not familiar with FIDIA Digit 165 My control is a FIDIA F1.10190 control.
    If you have not made DNC connection yet I can ask about FIDIA Digit 165 for you,There are so many FIDIA controls around me.
    Please find attached the FIDIA DNC SOFTWARE in ENGLISH, DNC CABLE DIAGRM and FIDIA SLU2 BOARD SETTINGS for FIDIA F1.0190 control.
    Best Wishes-Nader
    Hello!
    Thank's a lot for your help and files! We have still problems with our Fidia because our machine doesn't have that SLU2 board. And probably our machine control software doesn't support that although we could find somewhere that SLU2 board. We have got some information from Fidia Germany that it could be difficult to update our control software anymore (old machine) Just now they find that the only solution will be the whole control system update to newer one. And that is quite expensive, probably more than the value of the whole machine!
    So it seems that we are a little bit stuck with our problem. If you have any further ideas how we could go ahead, we will be happy!

Best regards
    Juha A.

Hello!
    Thank's a lot for your help and files! We have still problems with our Fidia because our machine doesn't have that SLU2 board. And probably our machine control software doesn't support that although we could find somewhere that SLU2 board. We have got some information from Fidia Germany that it could be difficult to update our control software anymore (old machine) Just now they find that the only solution will be the whole control system update to newer one. And that is quite expensive, probably more than the value of the whole machine!
    So it seems that we are a little bit stuck with our problem. If you have any further ideas how we could go ahead, we will be happy!

Best regards
    Juha A.
    Hi,
    I will ask about FIDIA Digit 165,
    Nader

Hello!

Best regards
    Juha A.
    Please send some pictures of your control like the samples I have attached.
    Nader

Hello!

Best regards
    Juha A.
    FIDIA Digit 165 is the model of the machine.What is the model of the control of your machine?
    Please send some pictures of the monitor and floppy drives(if exist) of your machine addition to pictures of your control racks.

Hello!

Best regards
    Juha A.
    Please contact me by [email protected]

FIDIA Digit 165 is the model of the machine.What is the model of the control of your machine?
    Please send some pictures of the monitor and floppy drives(if exist) of your machine addition to pictures of your control racks.
    Hi!
    Thank's again for your help! Please find some pictures of our machine attached. Hope that those will give some information to you!

Rgds
    Juha

Hi!
    Thank's again for your help! Please find some pictures of our machine attached. Hope that those will give some information to you!

Rgds
    Juha
    please send a closer shot of the control racks .The signs on the racks are not clear.
    Also a shot froam the side of the control that has the model label.
    Nader