585,557 active members*
3,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > G0704 Power draw bar from midwest machine works

G0704 Power draw bar from midwest machine works

I picked up this machine second hand and it's been converted to belt drive with the midwest machine works power draw bar.
    I'm trying to setup the power draw bar and when I do as pictured the spindle is running really hot like the bearings are getting compressed by the washer stack.
    Should the large black washer on the bottom be there?

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, Yancy

Re: G0704 Power draw bar from midwest machine works

That is a terrible design. The draw bar should be squeezing the stack of washers without applying any pressure to the spindle. It's just jamming the drawbar down against the bearings, probably messing up your pre-load. You should have some sort of lift plate and a top hat that threads onto the top of the spindle. The stack then goes on top of that. The power draw bar then lefts up and pushes down to squeeze the washers. Look at Hoss's design.
    Inner Vision Development Corp. - http://www.ivdc.com
    Website Design & Development. Shopping Carts, SEO and more!

Re: G0704 Power draw bar from midwest machine works

More and more, consumers don't want to be marketed directly anymore. They want to be talked with. We see a lot of brands on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We can see consumers on these platforms, but I think that's not the best way for a brand to be present. I personally prefer the press strategy because it brings a lot of traffic. I work with the guys from the press release distribution service, and I am delighted with their work. This is the best way to increase customers and traffic nowadays.