585,667 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Free Cabinet software

To all cabinet makers
    I am a shopbot owner and have developed software for machining cabinet parts. The software is named CabinetParts. With CabinetParts you enter in the width,height and depth of a cabinet and it calculates the parts needed for this cabinet. It has options for system holes, holes for hinge plates, drawer guides and pocket screw holes. After all the cabinets for a job have been entered, you can use the sheet layout page (Optimization is available, but is still under development). When the sheet layout is complete, it will export to DXF and to G Code (G code was just added) ShopBots do not run on G Code and I would appreciate some feed back on how the code from CabinetParts looks and works. There are 2 versions of the CabinetParts; a free version and a pro version. You can download the software at www.cabinetpartspro.com I am working on a help index and if you need any help you can email me at [email protected].

Ryan www.cabinetpartspro.com

Guys, give it a try... you may love it!?

Hey Ryan! Keep up the good work! :wave:
    My business Web site - USINUM - www.cooptel.qc.ca/~usinum
    My BLOG at Blogger - http://pacosarea.blogspot.com/

CabinetParts Update

CabinetPartsPro has an update and can be downloaded http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/download.htm
    After you have had time to use Cabinetparts and would like to have more options please let me know.

After installing version 4.7.0 and fill in the settings you will get a message saying there is a problem with your settings.ini click yes and CabinetParts will update your settings, then restart CabinetParts. You will also get this message if you do not uninstall older versions.

The G Code has not been updated Cabinetparts will export layouts to DXF and to Shopbot part files.

I have not had any feed back with g code to know if it is working for you if you have tried Cabinetparts please let me know if g code is working for you and if not please let me know what is not working.

Update for Free Version: v4.7.0
    Metric In settings on the general put a check in the box for metric. I do not use metric ran some test in preview everything seems to work but I my of missed some values (please look over files until you are sure it is correct)

More settings build options Additional settings to allow you to have more of an influence on how the cabinet parts are calculated.
    Pocket holes on certain parts

Parts placement there is now a setting to set the space between parts on the layout page This number is the space between the toolpath for the cut.

Update for Pro Version:v4.7.0

Dado’s (pro version only) on the parts page in the options frame put a check in the box to add dado. There is setting on the settings page for inset and depth of the dado. If you have backs on the cabinets and are cutting the backs from the same board as the tops, bottoms, and sides a rabbit will be cut on all four sides of the back. The rabbit will be cut the wide of the cutter being used to cut the parts. If using pocket screw holes the pocket holes will also be set in the distance of the bit being used to cut the parts. The dado has had little testing have only cut a few jobs using them.

Metric In settings on the general put a check in the box for metric. I do not use metric ran some test in preview everything seems to work but I my of missed some values (please look over files until you are sure it is correct)

More settings build options Additional settings to allow you to have more of an influence on how the cabinet parts are calculated.
    Options for dados on certain parts
    Pocket holes on certain parts

Parts placement there is now a setting to set the space between parts on the layout page This number is the space between the toolpath for the cut.

was going to try it but can t get past the password ??

dertsap

Send me your email and will send you the password to install. You will not get any emails from me unless there is an update. Your email will stay with me and will not be give to anyone else.

I also sent you a message with the password to install. would like to know what you think and if you would like to see more options or additions to Cabinetpartspro.

Ryan I just downloaded and got stuck with the password not being correct! I did a copy and paste from your email and it did not take it. I went back to the email to double check and the whole email is gone!

[email protected]

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Mike,
    I am not sure why the password would not work for you. I should have mail.
    Ryan

Ryan I answered your email and had found the problem. Thanks.
    Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Help files Added

CabinetPartsPro has an update and can be downloaded ” http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/download.htm

If you have had time to try Cabinetparts I would like to know what you think or what type of improvments you would like to have in the next update. You can leave Feedback here http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/SUPPORT.htm

I have added a help file to CabinetPartPro. Help can be accessed by pressing the F1 key or on the parts entry page menu help. You will probably find some typos and miss spelling but it should still be helpful. The help is still incomplete it does have the basics.

I don't have a router yet but I downloaded your software and played with it for a while and with a little help from the helpfile I was able to get the basics happening for me. Pretty straightforward piece of software. That is nice to see these days. It seems that software has tried to add every feature possible and in doing so the authors have created bloatware that is resource intensive and has a steep learning curve. Excellent job on your part. Just make the help file more inclusive and I think you will be there.

Update

CabinetPartsPro has an update and can be downloaded http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/download.htm
    After you have had time to use Cabinetparts and would like to have more options please let me know.

The G Code has not been updated Cabinetparts will export layouts to DXF and to Shopbot part files.

Update includes: version 5.0.0
    Changed the Save Tool path page.
    Larger text box for added to a cut file.

Changed the multi pass. You can select how many passes to make and it gives you the option to change
    the depth of each pass. Example if you are cutting ¾” you can cut one pass at -.6875 and a final pass at –
    .75. It will cut all the parts at the first depth the cut all the parts at the next depth.

…Added an option for a second Z axis with offsets. It will drill holes with a MA command.

You can select the order of the parts in the “ALL”file on the ToolPath page. There is a list of all the operations need for the job you are cutting. The order the list is in is the order the parts are in the “ALL” file. To change the order left click on the operation you need to change hold the mouse button down and move the mouse up or down. When the mouse icon is where you what the order to be release the button an it will be reordered.

If you do not want to have a cutting file for on of the operations in the list right click and select remove. It is put in the in the drop down box above the list. If you would like to have it cut once you have removed it from the list select it in the drop down box and it will be added to the list again.

When you select an operation in the list the text box next to “Insert before” will display the operation in the list. Then what ever you type in the larger box will be inserted in the “ALL” file before it uses the FP command to call the file selected in the list.

The drop down box below the Insert before has a list of Shopbot part files that are located in the special parts folder in settings ShopBot tab. Clicking on one of these file will be added to the text box with the Fp command.

The biggest Change in this update is it will allow me to easily add new options.

In the next few weeks I will start adding all the options that where suggested.
    Some of the suggested option that will be added are:
    Toe kick notch
    Starter holes for those use screw to assemble
    Selective shelf hole drilling Will drill a set of holes every so many inches
    Cam lock holes for assembly (similar to the way Home Depot has on the Knock down cabinet)
    Option to use a true 32mm system
    Part rotation
    Fixes:
    Please let me know if you find something the needs to be fixed

You can Email me at [email protected]

Update

Update includes: version 5.2.1
    Added toe kick notch . on the settings page under cabinets tab you can enter in the height and depth(inset from front of cabinet) The toe kick notch settings are preset for the free version you can set the height and depth of the notch in the pro version.

G Code a work in progress.

Will also export a dxf drawing on the tool path page select save tool path then in the drop down box chose *.dxf.

In the next few weeks I will start adding all the options that where suggested.
    Some of the suggested option that will be added are:
    Starter holes for those use screw to assemble
    Selective shelf hole drilling Will drill a set of holes every so many inches
    Cam lock holes for assembly (similar to the way Home Depot has on the Knock down cabinet)
    Option to use a true 32mm system
    Part rotation
    Fixes:
    Metric

Update

Cabinetparts Update.
    The part optimizing has been improved. It will give the best fit in most cases. When you first go to the layout page click tools/Nest Parts. It is a little slow to start and can take about 3 min. to nest 70 parts. You will see the layouts page caption change when it starts to layout a new sheet. After I speed the nesting up I will add an option to rotate the parts for a better fit. You can download the update here http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/download.htm

Hi Ryan

I've been watching your software evolve with interest. Any updates since 3-6-06?

CabinetPartsPro Update

To txcowdog and All

CabinetPartsPro has an update and can be downloaded at http://www.cabinetpartspro.com/downloads.htm
    www.cabinetpartspro.com has a new look and a quick start page to help you get started using CabinetParts.

Version 6.0.4
    Added a 3D rendering for cabinets entered.

Change in Type cab list.

Changed the Cabinet list: (better organized) To remove parts for a cabinet, double click the Cab no. in the cabinet list. When you click a Cab no. in the cabinet list, the 3D view will show this cabinet and the dimensions for this cabinet are entered in the cabinet entry boxes.

Print nested layouts ( free version will only print the first two sheets)

Improved the speed of the nesting

Fixes:
    build options with back the same size as box
    Space between parts when nesting.
    Please let me know if you find something that needs to be fixed

HeyRyan,

The software handles the box very well. What about the face frame? Will it cut those from s4s stock or 4 quarter stock?

txcowdog,
    CabinetParts is not set up to cut the face frame. It will be added in a future version.
    Ryan

Special Pricing

CabinetPartsPro will have special ShopBot Jamboree pricing. $150.00 Starting now through May 5,2006. The price after May 5 will be $250.00.

Cabinetpartspro Update

CabinetpartsPro has an update visit www.cabinetpartspro.com to see the full list of features and options. If you send me an email and do not get a reply with in 24 hours Please re send the email. The 2 biggest changes are in the nesting and importing from an Excel file. If you had purchased The pro version for $150.00 or more and did not get an email from me, let me know. There is now three versions to choose from FREE ,Semi-Pro and Pro. You can purchase the Semi- Pro and Pro online at www.cabinetpartspro.com or from Shopbot tools..

Update includes: Version 7.0.2
    Menu items have been moved to give a better flow.
    Import from an Excel file
    New nesting/layout page
    Sheet layout is no longer a mirror image
    Faster nesting
    Cutting order has been improved
    More nesting options
    New settings layout
    Option to use 32mm system
    If you delete all the parts on a sheet the unused sheet is removed
    Print preview for layouts
    Shopbot control page (if you have already cut a sheet and then try to recut the same sheet Cabinetparts will warn that the part file has be cut at least once.
    If you change the Material thickness all the parts will be recalculated to the new size
    The help file now has help for all the options and commands

Page 1 of 3 123