584,846 active members*
4,038 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huangyang VFD Overcurrent Error

Question Huangyang VFD Overcurrent Error

Trying to troubleshoot where the problem lies on my VFD and spindle.

I am running into repeated overcurrent errors as I attempt to run my CNC file. I am getting E.Oc.A, E.Oc.N, E.Oc.S, and E.Oc.D errors. The time from starting to error is variable. Yesterday after a long run I got a single overheating error which has not occurred since though it leads me to believe something happened at that time to cause my current error. I have reviewed my various settings in the vfd which have not changed. I monitored the amps during the run to see if there would be a change in current draw when it received the error but there is no change there either.

I could use some advice as to what to look into next to determine the issue. Is this a VFD problem that requires replacement or is this a spindle issue? How can I best determine this?

Re: Huangyang VFD Overcurrent Error

Quote Originally Posted by wallskm View Post
    Trying to troubleshoot where the problem lies on my VFD and spindle.

I am running into repeated overcurrent errors as I attempt to run my CNC file. I am getting E.Oc.A, E.Oc.N, E.Oc.S, and E.Oc.D errors. The time from starting to error is variable. Yesterday after a long run I got a single overheating error which has not occurred since though it leads me to believe something happened at that time to cause my current error. I have reviewed my various settings in the vfd which have not changed. I monitored the amps during the run to see if there would be a change in current draw when it received the error but there is no change there either.

I could use some advice as to what to look into next to determine the issue. Is this a VFD problem that requires replacement or is this a spindle issue? How can I best determine this?
    Overheating is not good it sounds like you may have some parameters set incorrect post what Parameter's you have set
    Mactec54

I tested the resistance on my windings last night which all looked good, reseated my plug, and so far no issues today. Will keep an eye on things.

Quote Originally Posted by wallskm View Post
    I tested the resistance on my windings last night which all looked good, reseated my plug, and so far no issues today. Will keep an eye on things.
    These can still run with incorrect drive Parameters set that is why I asked, if you want a long life from your drive and spindle the correct Parameters need to be set
    Mactec54