584,798 active members*
4,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Heidenhain 426 Old Dog Needing help

Hey guys, hoping to get some help here.

I have an old Soraluce 5-axis with a Heidenhain 426 controller. Right now the machine head is orientated so that the tool is perpendicular to the table (in a modern Heidenhain controller this would be A-90,B0,C0). However, we are unable to get the machine to read the plane/tool table that the head rotates to. So, for instance:

While the head is in the above-mentioned orientation, the machine cannot see this and therefore thinks it is in the "straight" orientation (i.e. a traditional HMC). I've done a bit of research and have talked to Soraluce (worthless) and have found that a MP7500 code must be defined. I'm trying to get it to MP7500, bit 2 so that when the CYCLE DEF 19 is called up, the tool table plane changes to match the orientation of the head.

I hope I've made myself clear. I'm just hoping to reach someone out there who is a master in this stuff.

Re: Heidenhain 426 Old Dog Needing help

Soraluce
    They were looking for their own way...

The best people to contact is Heidenhain itself- their tech support is happy to clarify this (I have great respect for their service team here in India- they are very helpful)

I would've loved to post on this but I'm not 100% sure myself. I have 3 DMU 50 evolution machines, but all of them have a separate Kinematic table defining the geometry of the machine. I have never had to work with the MP7500 parameter but will check into this and get back to you if I find any info

Hi "Old Dog"
    Is your problem solved?
    If not maybe I can help you on this.
    To solve the problem I need the NC software version of you TNC 426.
    A backup from the control with TNCremoNT would be good.
    And the description (type) of your Soraluce.
    For sure I can solve this.