584,817 active members*
4,492 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RECI laser tube unstable power output

Just happen to have this problem yesterday.
    My 150w power RECI tube has very odd power output.
    We did test using paper; directly shooting out from the laser lens, and this is what we got:

At low power 4ma the burn mark is a huge round circle about 1/2” diameter, without mark at the center.
    10-12ma is the best; small dot of 3mm diameter
    As it goes higher ma, the dot disappear; no lasted power output from the tube.

Throughout the test, we could see the tube having its laser beam across the tube. But surprising at above 15ma there is laser beam across the tube, but no burn mark output at all.
    As I increases the power output I can see clearly the brightness of the laser beam across the tube increases, but yet above 15ma there seems to be almost nothing after the laser tube lens.

Attached are the pictures of the burn mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: RECI laser tube unstable power output

Did you ever find out what the issue was?
    I have a 150 w tube that does the same thing right now. Was working fine till i noticed a regression in output.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphonics View Post
    Just happen to have this problem yesterday.
    My 150w power RECI tube has very odd power output.
    We did test using paper; directly shooting out from the laser lens, and this is what we got:

At low power 4ma the burn mark is a huge round circle about 1/2” diameter, without mark at the center.
    10-12ma is the best; small dot of 3mm diameter
    As it goes higher ma, the dot disappear; no lasted power output from the tube.

Throughout the test, we could see the tube having its laser beam across the tube. But surprising at above 15ma there is laser beam across the tube, but no burn mark output at all.
    As I increases the power output I can see clearly the brightness of the laser beam across the tube increases, but yet above 15ma there seems to be almost nothing after the laser tube lens.

Attached are the pictures of the burn mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angry Re: RECI laser tube unstable power output

I have a new 90 W tube that does the same thing!

I reached out to Cloudray and they have been requesting multiple videos from me. I sent them one, they replied that it’s not sufficient, and asked for another. This cycle continued for 2 weeks, and they ended up requesting around 6 videos.

They insisted that I send videos testing the laser at maximum power (28 mA). I explained that at this power, the concentric rings are less visible due to merging, but they are most visible at 36% power. Eventually, I sent videos at both power levels. However, their response is that they don’t see any issue with the laser: “The engineers and manufacturers have carefully reviewed the several test videos you provided, and it is indeed impossible to determine the problem with the laser tube from them.”

I also argued that I engrave at 14% ~ 6mA, and the problem occurs at this current, not at 28mA.

I’m feeling quite disheartened. If I request a refund, they will only reimburse the product price, not the shipping fee (which was €200) nor the customs fee (150€). I’m losing 350€ + the cost of not operating for 3 weeks (for now).

What a terrible experience, both in terms of customer treatment and after-sales service!

Some images:
    TEM20 in acrylic in 3D:

Circular beam shape:

Comparison with my previous laser tube:

Unstable beam:

Was supposed to be this:

My 3 years old laser tube works better than this new RECI tube… and they don’t see a problem, it feels like a joke.

They're requesting tests with parameters that won't reveal the issue!

Re: RECI laser tube unstable power output

RECI's lack of shame is astounding!

After persistently requesting a replacement, Cloudray answered that in order to receive a replacement tube, I would need to pay an additional $200. But I don’t want to pay another $200 plus customs fees (€150) just because they sent me a defective tube and because RECI doesn’t want to admit that their product is faulty! Their decision was based on the reasoning in these messages:

“the RECI manufacturer does not agree to compensate for this laser tube because the provided video does not meet their after-sales requirements.”
    “according to the video, engineers and manufacturers have determined that the output and spot of the laser tube are normal.”
    Their stipulation was that I submit a video of the laser firing at maximum power (28mA) for 5-10 seconds on a 5mm acrylic sheet located at the tube’s output, in order to observe the resulting pattern.

Although the pattern at max. power resembled a somewhat conical shape as the one in @jkwilborn’s post, there was still a noticeable merged half ring that RECI seemed to overlook.

These conditions strike me as rather impractical for “after-sales requirements,” given that most engraving occurs at lower power levels and the issues arise during actual engraving operations.

This is outrageous; it almost seems like a conspiracy!