584,826 active members*
5,305 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bob DB25-1205F

Hi.
    I am building my own gantry style CNC router and have come to setting up the e-stop. The manual for the Bob shows a wire from P10 through the N/C e-stop switch and back to the ground next to P15. However this does not work. I have enabled the e-stop in Mach3/ Config/Ports and Pins/Input signals with port 1 and with and without Active Low with no result. How do these outputs work? Should there be, say, 5 volts from P10 to ground? It looks such a simple problem but, as a newbie, I am stumped. Any advice welcome.

Vernon

Re: Bob DB25-1205F

Try this:
    Shows power supply ground connected to both 'power input GND' AND the GRD connector at the bottom of the inputs 'below pin 15'.
    This should then complete the link for active low.

Thanks for your reply. Well I have connected all of the grounds together and selected active low and I get a constant red flashing Reset alarm which I cannot clear even before I press the e-stop button. Since there are only 2 connections on the bob from the E-stop switch should I not be able to detect a voltage of some kind (5V?) across them? How else would Mach3 know the E-stop had been pressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon1 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Well I have connected all of the grounds together and selected active low and I get a constant red flashing Reset alarm which I cannot clear even before I press the e-stop button. Since there are only 2 connections on the bob from the E-stop switch should I not be able to detect a voltage of some kind (5V?) across them? How else would Mach3 know the E-stop had been pressed?
    I've noticed you have a NC stop. So is telling it the contact is made.
    First try 'active high' instead and see if it works.
    If not it could be you need a NO type stop instead.

My board is slightly different but I have a NO and it works fine.
    I can't remember which way I have it but example: If I 'active high' it's in permanent reset. If I 'active low' it works like it should.

I cannot set Active high in Mach3 only uncheck Active Low. I have tried it both ways. I also tried to use the auto set up but when it asks for the switch to be pressed it doesn't receive any signal.