585,589 active members*
2,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 4 not seeing PMDX-424

Greetings,

I have finally been able to get to work on my CNC machine after nearly a year. It's all wired in and ready to go however my mach 4 hobby build refuses to communicate to my pmdx-424. I've tried two different cables and all the USB ports.

I looked on the device driver and I see the Intel(R) Active Management Technology SOL(Com3) which according to the manual in support means I have to send you a debug file so sent it to PMDX.

I am thinking that My Altera quartusII FPGA software driver took over this port and is using it instead of Mach 4 (I am using the usb blaster) Could this be mistakenly thinking the PMDX-424 is a usb blaster?

That's all I can think of at the moment. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what fixed it? I removed the board, unplugged everything but the power and still nothing.

Here is an overview of my setup:

I am running an AVID CNC 48x24 standard kit with nema23 steppers. The PMDX 424 is hooked up to 4 DM5565 Leadshine stepper drivers
    When turned on the PMDX424 has three amber LED lights (Power Enable and relay. I am told these should NOT be all on) on the board that light up, the red LED is solid while the green LED blinks at a 2 second interval.

I made sure to install the smartBOB usb drivers before plugging it in as per the instructions.

Thank you for the help.

Re: Mach 4 not seeing PMDX-424

Hi,
    I can't help you, my experience is with the ESS, but PMDX support is legendary, they will help.
    Try on the Mach4 forum and Steve will reply.

Craig

I have the PMDX 416 running on Windows 10 USB. Sounds like it might be your computer. Mine is a Intel NUC the very basic one and older with a VGA out. Has 4 USB ports, and runs this CNC which is a Chinese Work Bee, my laser machine and 3D printer. My Chinese machine came with a NUVUM something but I decided to go with Mach4 and the PMDX The NUC is using a LCD monitor I had, and of course I needed to install a SSD HD, 8 Mb memory and the OS but its very reliable.

As a side note I used a Macbook Pro with Parallels installed to test and run the setup and it did fine even running the USB for the PMDX board.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

The board was defective. It was replace and now it works great Thanks!