584,858 active members*
4,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

FS31iB- Position Switch Option

Dear Experts

We have HMC with Big Pallet hence in Manual Mode if pallet is rotated in as is condition from Loading side, Pallet would collide hence Z is moved by 100 mm and then rotated. and this is operator dependent, in case operator forgets to move Z before pallet rotation there wud be collision

Please revert if Position switch would fix this issue (In Manual Mode)

Also if Position Switch function is an option or can be set via 6900 series parameters

Before posting, I have gone thro previous posts on to this but could gain much out of the discussions

In auto mode, it is taken care already by program thro which Z is moved inside 100 mm before rotation

Regards

Re: FS31iB- Position Switch Option

Look in your parameter manual for parameters 6071 - 6089. You can write a small Subroutine or Macro that will control the manual pallet change to the way that is safe. You store it as Subroutine 9001-9009 or as Macro in 9020-9029. Then choose an unused M code that the operator will type in using MDI. It's faster to type in an M code anyway.

I'm surprised you don't seem to have a Pallet Change M code already.

The parameter manual will explain this better then I have.

Quote Originally Posted by M.RISHIKESH View Post
    Dear Experts

We have HMC with Big Pallet hence in Manual Mode if pallet is rotated in as is condition from Loading side, Pallet would collide hence Z is moved by 100 mm and then rotated. and this is operator dependent, in case operator forgets to move Z before pallet rotation there wud be collision

Please revert if Position switch would fix this issue (In Manual Mode)

Also if Position Switch function is an option or can be set via 6900 series parameters

Before posting, I have gone thro previous posts on to this but could gain much out of the discussions

In auto mode, it is taken care already by program thro which Z is moved inside 100 mm before rotation

Regards
    Position switches would work but you need to set the zone in parameters then update the logic to not allow any specific movement when Z is in that said position.
    So yes it can work, but not just through those parameters.

Thanks for your feedback, shall revert

Dear Experts
    Continuing above thread, we have two similar HMCs machining different and big components. In case of one HMC , there is interlock provided to make sure that B is rotated only when Z is away by -100 mm, we plan to introduce same interlock in 2nd HMC as well.

We tried by making Position switch parameters in this 2nd HMC same as 1st one, still interlock not working please advise what else needs to be done?

Regards

Dear Experts
    Continuing above thread, we have two similar HMCs machining different and big components. In case of one HMC , there is interlock provided to make sure that B is rotated only when Z is away by -100 mm, we plan to introduce same interlock in 2nd HMC as well.

We tried by making Position switch parameters in this 2nd HMC same as 1st one, still interlock not working please advise what else needs to be done?

Regards
    I believe like i explained earlier custom software needs to written.

I am located in michigan, and we do this type of work if you need it.
    Thanks,

Dear ExpertsContinuing above thread, we have two similar HMCs machining different and big components. In case of one HMC , there is interlock provided to make sure that B is rotated only when Z is away by -100 mm, we plan to introduce same interlock in 2nd HMC as well.We tried by making Position switch parameters in this 2nd HMC same as 1st one, still interlock not working please advise what else needs to be done?Regards
    Dear ExpertsBy altering both customized and Fanuc parameters, position switch option could be made active ie now B would not index if Z is at 0, B wud rotate only when Z is at -100mmNow we need an interlock to move Z only when B is at zero degreeRequest your suggestions for doing changes in PLCPlease refer to attached PLC for your perusalRegards

What happens if Z is not at -100 while B is not at 0? You just interlocked both axes with each other. I guess you could only interlock in memory mode while running a program. This is an extremely complicated ladder and all the G's F's X' and Y's are processed through function blocks. I would not attempt this remotely

Thanks for your response,
    As component and pallet size is huge, in case B is not at zero degree and in that case Z is homed, it will collide with machine interior guarding etc
    do u mean to interlock in CNC part program in Memory Mode?
    We dont have issue in Memory mode, issue only in case of manual intervention by operator for functions like homing etc

Requirement is such that only when Z is at -100mm, B should index else no to avoid fouling of component/fixture with Machine interior

Requirement is such that only when Z is at -100mm, B should index else no to avoid fouling of component/fixture with Machine interior
    I agree with Dr.Dos.
    They definitly spent some time developing this logic.i did find the position switches 1-8 and they get moved around upon certain machine conditions. It does look like they take effect only while NOT in handle mode, so that may explain why your other modes have no problem with protecting this condition.
    Without being close to the machine its risky, and the reason why i wont make an edit either.

Hope you get it worked out.

Appreciate your response, Thank you so much