585,702 active members*
4,233 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > PlanetCNC > HELP NEEDED! Spindle is halting my toolpaths. CNC 6040 USBCNC

HELP NEEDED! Spindle is halting my toolpaths. CNC 6040 USBCNC

So I got into this without realizing how much there is to it, and have been sitting on this machine I bought for months, just completely intimidated by it.

Ive finally chipped away at the basics of getting my hardware and software to communicate, and made my first successful test cut with one of the preloaded test files it came with.

Now, Im working on actually cutting my own piece, and after loading up the file, the scale and geometry was significantly off.
    Further digging revealed the setup file that I missed (as it was labeled in Chinese). I imported it, and all was fixed. Except now, whenever I run a program with the spindle on, it stops mid toolpath.

To be specific;
    - the spindle continues to run
    - all axis' stop moving
    - the gcode freezes and I cannot interact with it at all (states that 'program is running', and only resets after exiting, AND restarting my PC)

This only occurs if I have the spindle turned on. If I move the Z axis to a safe height and run the toolpath without the spindle running, it completes the program without issue.

For reference, I draw in AutoCAD, generate my toolpaths in MeshCAM, and am using the USBCNC control software that came with the machine.
    Spindle control is still at the box itself. I have not figured out how to control it from the software yet.
    But, this occurs whether I use one of my toolpaths or even the test ones that came with it (and I successfully cut once already). And only began after importing the settings file. So, I am relatively sure its the setup.

I have since reinstalled the software without the setup file, and only adjusted the settings that corrected my scale. Problem persists. My fear at this point is that it is related somehow to those very adjustments that I do need.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'm sitting on a several thousand dollar decoration for my garage.

Re: HELP NEEDED! Spindle is halting my toolpaths. CNC 6040 USBCNC

This is a Chinese machine you imported directly? What's the name of the company you bought it from? What happened when you asked them for help?

It sounds like an issue with RFI from the spindle wires, but it's hard to say without knowing more about the specifics of your machine.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Yes, it was an e-bay purchase through, what I am assuming, was a 3rd party retailer.

The machine is called a CNC6040. On the control box, it is labeled SXCNC.

Here is a link to it:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/224283709242

After my original post, I toyed with it some more the next day, and it magically kind of worked itself out. The only thing I adjusted was the feed rate. I was able to complete that project without issue. Now, Im beginning a new project and having the same issue. Ive been playing with the feed rates again, and now, having no success.

Quote Originally Posted by akett21 View Post
    Yes, it was an e-bay purchase through, what I am assuming, was a 3rd party retailer.

The machine is called a CNC6040. On the control box, it is labeled SXCNC.

Here is a link to it:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/224283709242

After my original post, I toyed with it some more the next day, and it magically kind of worked itself out. The only thing I adjusted was the feed rate. I was able to complete that project without issue. Now, Im beginning a new project and having the same issue. Ive been playing with the feed rates again, and now, having no success.
    Your machine has an EMI / Ground Problem, most likely the spindle is not Grounded this is a common problem with these Chinese Machines so need to see some photos of the control box wiring

The Spindle, if it does not have a 4-wire shielded cable, then this would be the best place to start, and that the spindle has a 4th Ground pin that is connected
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    This is a Chinese machine you imported directly? What's the name of the company you bought it from? What happened when you asked them for help?

It sounds like an issue with RFI from the spindle wires, but it's hard to say without knowing more about the specifics of your machine.
    RFI is a specific subset of electrical noise, what you have with VFD Drives is EMI which covers the whole spectrum.
    Mactec54