585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need Alpha Amp Type A Interface Information for Retrofit

Need Alpha Amp Type A Interface Information for Retrofit

a06B-6089-H105 drive:

I am retrofitting the machine and need to know a couple questions I thought someone here might have the answer to:

1.) What logic level are these 5v?
    2.) In the manual the connection names for many pins on the interface have a * which I am going to assume means the are inverted.
    3.) max or expected pwm frequency?
    4.) the pwm pins are labeled pwmA-F. does anyone know the pairing and which is high and which is low?
    i.e. pwma = high pwmb=low. phase u....

Any help would nbe much appreiciated!

Re: Need Alpha Amp Type A Interface Information for Retrofit

Quote Originally Posted by rtavk3 View Post
    a06B-6089-H105 drive:

I am retrofitting the machine and need to know a couple questions I thought someone here might have the answer to:

1.) What logic level are these 5v?
    2.) In the manual the connection names for many pins on the interface have a * which I am going to assume means the are inverted.
    3.) max or expected pwm frequency?
    4.) the pwm pins are labeled pwmA-F. does anyone know the pairing and which is high and which is low?
    i.e. pwma = high pwmb=low. phase u....

Any help would nbe much appreiciated!
    Do you mean you will replace this Fanuc A06B-6089-H105 drive with other brand drive, but keep the Fanuc original motor, right?
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Re: Need Alpha Amp Type A Interface Information for Retrofit

no, I will be keeping the drive and motor. I will be using mesa electronics 5i24 with linuxcnc to decode the abs encoder, then passing the rotor position to a trinamic tmc 4671 which will be doing the motor control and outputting three phase pwm for input to the fanuc amp. Hence why I need the details about the type a interface to ensure I am connecting the trinamic ic and the drive together correctly.