584,837 active members*
5,602 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > Does anyone other than MC Machinery service Mitsubishi MD PRO III EDM machines?

Does anyone other than MC Machinery service Mitsubishi MD PRO III EDM machines?

We have a Mitusbishi EDM that we bought used. At the time we thought Fanuc made the best EDM and I still do. I knew a shop owner who bought one for 135K and I wanted to buy the same machine for the same price, but the same Fanuc dealer didn't want to give us the same price.

MC machinery has been really annoying to work with. They abuse people who buy the machines used, with an extortion fee they charge annually to give a customer the ability to purchase their over-priced service on the machines. (Platinum Club membership that provides no benefits)

Does anyone know a service provider in the mid-west (SE Wisconsin) area who can service the machines outside of MC machinery? I currently need all the batteries replaced and ball screws greased, and MC machinery wants a $1500 club fee before they charge their Per-diem, hourly, offsite travel, lodging and other fees for the battery replacement. Knowing MC Machinery they probably want $4000 to replace the batteries all said.

I'm getting the impression that sacking customers is the Mitsubishi EDM model. There is no affordable service call on this equipment.

This club is a really horrible marketing idea that makes customers into people who don't want the machines on the floor.

Re: Does anyone other than MC Machinery service Mitsubishi MD PRO III EDM machines?

Someone on Practical Machinist recommended K. Wetzel Technical Services, Inc.. We're going to look into whether they can service or not.

We'd be really excited to get away from the club extortion fee and the higher than market rates for repairs. The Mitsubishi EDM does the least work in the shop and costs the most money to keep operational.

Re: Does anyone other than MC Machinery service Mitsubishi MD PRO III EDM machines?

MC machinery never replied to our e-mail when we requested they remove the platinum club and the 175 point inspection and instead quote all battery replacement, UV screw greasing, and re-homing the machine.

I don't have any problem getting our other machine builders and their support networks to quote actual specific work.

We are sending an RFQ to another provider in Michigan tomorrow. MC Machinery is still most local to us only 2 hours away.

We were able to eventually get MC Machinery to quote what we originally asked for and they came out. I think servo batteries, re-homing, and grease cost in the mid $2000 range. It would be cool if they let their local resellers service. I know we'd have better communication, and get a better deal, and we'd be by default be working with and thus be able to have a relationship with Concept Machine Tool that way which I think would be better for all three companies.

I don't think machine tool builders understand how important those local relationships are.

Nakamura (Methods) left Concept and went direct and I don't quite understand it because they seem more isolated from customers now than before.

What ballscrews are you greasing? These machines have a tube with magnets that are for movement. Also isn't there a bunch of grease fittings on the upper panel on the right? Unless your pro is different from mine..