585,996 active members*
5,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Spindle Rotation not valid

Hi,

I created a router program using AlphaCam and output it to Xilog plus on Record110 AL machine by SCM. The program prompts an error, saying: Spindle rotation not valid. What parameters do I need change to correct this error. This happens when I nest with other parts. Need help badly.

cheers:-( bertud

What kind of spindle command did you use?

There are some machines that might not accept an rpm command over 100, because they were designed to run spindle speed as a percentage, rather than actual rpm. My WAG.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hu......had I had a mouthful of coffee.....I would have spewed it all over my pc! I for one have miss your "insightful" posts that we used to get a lot more often! Thanks for making my day a little smileyer!

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by bertud View Post
    Hi,

I created a router program using AlphaCam and output it to Xilog plus on Record110 AL machine by SCM. The program prompts an error, saying: Spindle rotation not valid. What parameters do I need change to correct this error. This happens when I nest with other parts. Need help badly.

cheers:-( bertud
    Hi
    1st post so be gentle with me, also very new to the 110 AL (got 1 installed monday and still in training)

Anyway, you may need to edit the .tlg file for the tool you are using, ie:
    E1 is an 18 flute and you have set up the tooling that it has a max speed of 18000 and a working speed of 18000 and Alphacam has out put the file with a spindle speed of 24000 this will bring up the error, you need to change the max tool speed from 18000 to 24000. Hopefully this should do it.
    Post back and let me know if im on the right track, cause im learning (still)