585,605 active members*
3,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc OM Unable to Edit Programs and Offsets

Fanuc OM Unable to Edit Programs and Offsets

Hi,

I have a Stama MC010 with Fanuc OM controller form 1990. As far as I know the machine is equal to Fanuc Dill Tap T. My machine entered into a state where I can't edit programs and offsets as if my Program Protect key was turn ON.

I already verified and my Program Protect Key switch is working properly (is has continuity on the two wires when I turn to OFF and no continuity when turned ON). I also confirmed the the the Diagnosis parameter 0122.3 is commuting to 1 when the Program Protect key is OFF.

Additional, some days ago I run a program several times and I went in to PS 097 Alarm before making a tool change. I could only clean this error by switching the machine OFF and ON again and after that the machine was normal. I think this one is just a tool change procedure mistake and these two problemas are not related. But how knows...

Does know someone know how can I solve this or how can I proceed with the diagnostic?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Fanuc OM Unable to Edit Programs and Offsets

Does the screen show that you are in EDIT mode?
    You cannot perform nay EDITing operation if there is an alarm of any kind. There may be an alarm that does not get to be displayed.

My EDIT key LED turns on when I press it. So I assume that I am on EDIT mode. Anyway, how can I see if there is an error that is not displayed?

"how can I see if there is an error that is not displayed?" that is difficult without being there in person. Not being able to modify the tool offsets is what made me think in that direction. Also consider possible safety interlocks, such chuck unclamped, turret out of position etc.

Hi there. I have just checked the end stroke limit switches and the tool changer switches and they are working fine (as far as I could access). I have noticed that the my coolant pump is on when i turn the power on. Do you think this is a normal behaviour? Could the problem be with this pum or some coolant level sensor?

the coolant pump has a manual swicth from where you can start and stop.
    i think that switch is on and when you turn power on ,the pump starts ,try to switch off from operator panel.
    check also in diagnose if the protection key really works ,maybe the key rotates itself but the electrical conatct is not working behind it.
    look in diagnose on forst 2 pages and see if any bit changes when u rotate the key.

When I turn power on the machine the coolant key on the operator panel is OFF and corespondent LED is also OFF. The coolant valve is also OFF but the coolant pump is running. When I press the coolant key the the correspondent LED and the coolant valve comutes normally but the pump is always on. Also, the CR1 relay is also commuting ON/OFF according with the state of the coolant key. Some further suggestions to investigate?

I think with the wiring drawings and the ladder schematics would be much easier to follow the problem. Does someone have a Fanuc Tap Drill Model T OM-Mate wiring and ladder schematics or maintenance manual to share?

Were you able to get this running again? What was the solution, we are having similar issue