584,842 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Is it possible to adjust Fanuc Spindle motor acceleration/decelaration rate?

Question Is it possible to adjust Fanuc Spindle motor acceleration/decelaration rate?

We have an issue of spindle belt slipping on a Pinacho CNC Lathe ST310 with a rather large spindle (A2-11 nose, 16" hydraulic chuck and cylinder with 6" spindle bore). The spindle is driven via V-belts from a gearbox, which is driven by another belt set from Fanuc spindle motor. The slipping happens when the spindle start and stop (we it at around 500~700 RPM), slipping is on either the motor-gearbox belts or gearbox-spindle belt set. When we adjusted/tighten the belts, it get better only for a couple of weeks before it start slipping again. We also tried different brand of belts, but no luck.

During the turning, it usually works just find. So I wonder if the acceleration and deceleration rate of the spindle when it start and stop rotating can be adjust? Would it help with the problem? Or should I not mess with it and look for other solutions?

Thank you all in advance.

Re: Is it possible to adjust Fanuc Spindle motor acceleration/decelaration rate?

nutnon,
    You didn't say control type/age so here are some parameters for more modern controls supporting Alpha servo system:
    4028 = acc/dec pattern
    4029 = current limit acc/dec
    4082 = acc/dec time

Acc/dec pattern is found in the parameter manual for the control.

The PMC program may have some timers expecting a speed arrival but you'll have to experiment.

Re: Is it possible to adjust Fanuc Spindle motor acceleration/decelaration rate?

Quote Originally Posted by freakycnc View Post
    nutnon,
    You didn't say control type/age so here are some parameters for more modern controls supporting Alpha servo system:
    4028 = acc/dec pattern
    4029 = current limit acc/dec
    4082 = acc/dec time

Acc/dec pattern is found in the parameter manual for the control.

The PMC program may have some timers expecting a speed arrival but you'll have to experiment.
    Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will look into the manual. By the way, the controller is Fanuc 0i-TF model.

After looking at the 0i-TF manual, I couldn't really find the same parameter. Are they not available in Fanuc 0i-TF controller?

They are available in the 0iF.
    The book says Parameters Nos. 4000 to 4799 are basically used with the serial spindle amplifier. For details of these parameters, refer to either of the following manuals and other related documents, depending on the spindle that is actually connected.
    • FANUC AC SPINDLE MOTOR ?i series Parameter Manual (B-65280EN)

Ok, got it. Seems like I will need to experiment parameter 4028, 4029, and 4030.

Thank you for the help!