585,997 active members*
5,068 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

nextengine 3D scanners

Anybody have experience with these...cant be that easy and cheap...or can it??

https://www.nextengine.com/indexSecure.htm

I also would like to know about the scanner.
    Can anybody send a actual scan from that machine?
    You can pm me at scromal at aol dot com.

Thanks Steve

Never mind...just found a long thread in a different part of the site. Tooooo many friggen sections in this web site(nuts)

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17878

Online Demos Available

Tool path generation from scan data is an obvious use of the NextEngine scanner but there is also a scan vs cad model comparison tool in ScanStudio PRO. There is also a package that will allow generation of parametric cad files by using scan data to draw to.

File formats available are Mesh, Surface and Solids. The respecitve software solutions for creating these formats are ScanStudion CORE (comes with scanner, standard) ScanStudio PRO upgrade, $995, and RapidWorks $2,495.

All three of these file types are generate from point cloud data and the scanner does a remarkable job of generating high quality scan data (50,000 points per second). -yes I do work for NextEngine and can tell you that we are conservative in the specifications pubished.

Will keep any posts objective...

Quote Originally Posted by motor818 View Post
    File formats available are Mesh, Surface and Solids. The respecitve software solutions for creating these formats are ScanStudion CORE (comes with scanner, standard) ScanStudio PRO upgrade, $995, and RapidWorks $2,495.
    I am evaluating the scanner purchase. The ScanStudio PRO upgrade is the only feature I do not know if it will fit my needs.

Can you explain which features I will be missing if I do not buy it? Which advantages has over the Core version?

Thank you