All, having seen some glitches during machining of components that appear to be some kind of controller problem (gcode was independently checked) I think that I really need to replace the chinese knock off controller supplied with a better quality one.

The one I have is the type in the picture. The spindle axis control is separate.

I believe that the board in it is a copy of the Planet-CNC board, and I purchased a license from them in order to get it running. If I read it correctly, if I purchase one of the Planet-CNC USB controller Mk3/4 I should be able to use it but before I go down that route I would like a bit of feedback on a couple of points.

Firstly, how much of a 'drop in' mod is it? Can I simply replace the existing board and connect the relevant connectors, or is there any other collateral work or parts required? I see that I have to purchase a license separately, is that right? It doesn't come with a license?

Secondly I would like feedback from anyone who used it as to whether they have any issues with it, as if it does not cure the problem I am trying to resolve I don't want to bother with it.

Any help given is gratefully received

Les