584,800 active members*
4,425 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Turning > Fanuc OTc 414 X axis detect error alarm

Fanuc OTc 414 X axis detect error alarm

Hi all,
    I have been getting a 414 x axis detect error alarm on my Yang ML25 lathe becoming more frequent over the last few months. When it happens it goes to a 'not ready' state and no alarm shows on the drive board. Diagnostic 720 shows an overcurrent state. It only happens in rapid travel on 100%, not 25 or 50%. I have replaced the X axis bearings as they were getting a little noisy but this made no difference. I have now replaced the motor, encoder and drive board which has made no difference. The brake is working as it should and I've tested all the cabling and no faults are showing. Yesterday I stripped the bearings back out and checked them as well as the ball screw. Everything is working smoothly with no tight spots.
    I really am at a loss as to what to try next as I am running out of parts to change!
    I wondered if anyone else had seen this fault and found a solution before I resort to calling Fanuc out to take a look ££££!

Andy

Re: Fanuc OTc 414 X axis detect error alarm

How were the motor power cables checked?

I checked for resistance end to end which was very low and even between the cables. I also flexed them while connected to check for breakages.

I don't have a Fluke 87, but both an inexpensive insulation resistance tester and inexpensive multimeter with much of the same functionality as a Fluke 87. My multimeter seems to be accurate enough at detecting leakage below 50 Megaohms. and the IR tester below 200 Megaohms.

With the motor cable plugged into the motor, but unplugged from the servo amplifier, test the resistance between any of the U,V,W and Ground cables. If your multimeter is anything similar to mine or a Fluke 87 and it gives you a reading under 50 Megaohms, that may indicate the cables are toast.

Did you check the encoder ?

Yes the encoder was replaced with the motor

have sent you a pm

Hello andy
    I have YANG ML25 CNC LATHE
    i lost all of my machine parameters
    You have the same machine
    Please share the parameters and diaganostic
    Thanks