584,858 active members*
4,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Mori-Seiki MV-Jr ( Charge Tank Bleeding )

Unhappy Mori-Seiki MV-Jr ( Charge Tank Bleeding )

Need Help Bleeding my charge tank, not getting any pressure on the hydraulic line on top of tool changer.

Re: Mori-Seiki MV-Jr ( Charge Tank Bleeding )

I have an SV 50 which might be similar. First thing to do is find out where it's leaking and fix that. The entire tool change hydraulic system doesn't hold very much oil. There are possibly three bleed valves in the system that look like what is in the picture supplied. That one is inside the tool changer sheet metal. The other on top near the hard piping and gauge. And other on mine at a manifold block the one end of the hard pipe goes into.

Find the leak, Fill the system the best you can from on top with the bleeds open some. If you take off the face cover on the tool changer you can access the motor shaft and possibly turn the tool changer by hand. As long as you have no tools loading and unloading, you can keep running tool changes with the separate bleeders open one at a time starting from lowest to highest. Not as tame as operating by hand because eventually the pressure is going to start building.

Been awhile since I bleed mine and can't remember the finer details. Sorry.

Thank You for your response, make the tool change automatic ( M06 ) or manual?

Not exactly sure what you mean about automatic or manual. If by manual you mean push the release button and extract and load a tool by hand, then no not that. You have to use automatic as they are two completely different systems. When you push the button to release the tool into your hand, the machine uses an air over hydraulic cylinder mounted atop the spindle. When you use automatic with M6, the machine uses the motor in the tool changer to rotate that big cam and driver down that roller plunger you see near the bottom behind the bleed valve. That cylinder is what drivers the hydraulics for releasing the tool, and it's that system you have to find the leak in and refill and bleed.

Please note I'm using my SV50 as an example, but it acts just like other machines I have from different manufacturers. Hopefully yours is the same.

This is the device that releases the tool into your hand.

Now I'm remembering a little more. I think that hydraulic cylinder plunger eventually ties into the fitting on the left in this picture. So ultimately the same device release the tool, but manual release pressurizes that silver air over hydraulic cylinder on top, whereas M6 only feeds hydraulic pressure to the bottom of the release device in the picture. That extra long black thing on the bottom is only because this machine has high pressure coolant through the spindle. Otherwise that wouldn't be there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manual release.jpg  

Memory is coming back on this. I think there may be a small static holding air pressure on the system at all times. If you fill the system there at the fill point on the cylinder pictured, you might be able to simply open all the bleed valves with just the air pressure turned on. You'll still need to run the tool change plunger with M6 to drive the air out of the plunger cylinder etc.

Hope your machine is at least a little like this.

Really appreciate your help, Thank You. Went thru the steps you mentioned and I am still not getting any hydraulic fluid to the top of the system, no pressure at all on the gage the the carousel side and I also mounted a gage on the Charge tank valve to monitor air pressure coming in. I must be missing a step. There is something blocking the fluid from going to the upper section of the system.

Attached are couple pictures of my system

You'll have to open the water handle looking valve to show pressure on the gauge. You might also have to activate that tan solenoid you see in your picture. It's also tan in the picture I supplied.

Your bleed valves look the same as mine. Put a little clear tube on the nipple sticking out and feed it into a jar to save from making a big mess.

There should be oil visible in that clear tube left of the silver cylinder. Sort of looks like there is.

Valve is open all the way and the solenoid it activates by switching from auto mode to Manuel. Still no oil pressure to the top. The picture thats shows the charge tank it has a large steel tube on tank next to charge tank, that tube is what feeds the oil to the top of the system and nothing is getting thru that tube, thats why when I open the bleeder valves I dont get air or oil out of it. Driving me nuts, I know I am missing something in the bleeding process.

Maybe that solenoid valve isn't opening. What happens with the bleeders open and you do a M6 tool change or a manual tool release? Get any oil or air out of anything? Remember do not have tools in spindle or active while figuring this out. You don't want one trapped in the spindle or tweaking your swingarm because the spindle won't let go.

When I do an M06 or manual tool change with bleeders open, nothing comes out of the tube. Air or Oil, like I mentioned on previous post the upper section of system from where that large tube is coming out of the second cylinder is completely dry. I have checked if solenoid is working by cracking open the tube above solenoid and bunch of oil comes out. Switching between manual mode and auto mode like in MDI switches that particular solenoid off and on.

Without being there I'm sort of at a loss as to how to offer more help. How about filling every tube, including the dry one with hydraulic oil? Mayne why you're not getting anything is the system is lacking too much oil. The trick in any hydraulic system is to have zero air. Do everything you can to get as close to that idea before even beginning to bleed or activate the system.

Did you get your machine fixed yet? Figured it out? If so what did it turn out to be? Very curious.