585,602 active members*
3,554 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

\pkunlimited laser tubes

Anyone know about pkunlimited? they say this laser tubes has an operating life of 10.000- 12000 hours. Are this american?
    This the link to ebay>
    http://cgi.ebay.com/60Watt-CO2-Seale...QQcmdZViewItem
    LUIS

I bougt a 100watt tube and it is not TEM00, and actually gives about 60watt power output, power supply blew off the thermistor and manufacturer is china, looket at the tubes and im shure its the same, and there are rated for 2000 hors not 10,000 as pkunlimited claims.

[email protected]

I just powered my 35 watt laser up about 2 week2 ago from PK unlimited and it is flat out burning through paper at 1 inch a minute. Apparently the tubes leak gass over a period of time and become unuseable and I bought mine at Xmas time so it didn't even last 8 months in storage. I wasted $799 all up for some glass toilet paper and they also won't answer my emails.
    I am thinking of contacting the Better Business Bureau to see what I can do about their fraudulent claims of 10,000 hour life span. Is that for the laser output or the degrading of the glass back into powder???????
    I may also start leaving questions about their lasers on each of their web sales asking if each one of their lasers last as long as mine did without use. I think I would get a response from them then.
    Rich.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Who did you buy the laser from. I hope not Red Dot. If you did lots of luck I have been dealing with them for 7 months and still nothing.

Somewhere in the forum i saw about a complain about pkunlimited lasers, As I posted in other thread, the seller of my machine in china told me about the gas leak, and also told me about use or not use the tube the gas will go out.
    The life average for a tube is 7 months , maybe you are looky and get a year, but for now it is a mayor problem, Im trying to bring my tube from china, they send it by ship because is not safe by air ( other friend has bring two times , two tubes each, by plane, all broken, he used UPS ... or it was ooops!) the air operators are monkeys to handle fragil itams, the proble is that Im in Southamerica , the trip and the customs will take about 70 days, when the tube arrives i will have 3 months of laser!!
    We all, need to have a better solution, not the scammers from ebay, and others. There is a company in brasil making the tubes but they dont answer the mails.
    meanwhile dont throw away your lost tubes , maybe some one find the way to refill it...
    Luis

That's a lot of bad stories Luis. I hope you can get a good one soon. It seems the only way to get one whole is to pay the $300 - $400 for shipping by Fex-Ex, DHL etc so you can guarantee that they arrive safely and with warranty. I wonder if someone would like to buy a good 30 watt laser tube that outputs about 5-10 watts for a couple of hundred dollars?
    I have been contacting samakthachaip on the forum about Linkmotion software and lasers in general and he says to buy from http://www.artworldcn.com/list.asp?id=262
    as they are cheap and have a fair life time. I haven't bought one but I think he says they cost about $150 USD for a 30 watt tube.
    Maybe you could email them for a price and warranty.
    Tonight I stripped the laser down and I am totally rebuilding it and rewiring everything for the 7th time. Lucky I have a lot of patience. I am installing my new 30 watt Universal RF laser in it and I have a couple of Gecko servo drives I had to send back for testing as I think something went haywire somewhere and buggered them which I hope will be returned within a month or so. I have never had so much trouble with anything like this before but it is a learning experience and I don't doubt it will work in the near future as I had cut a couple of things with it already and I am fascinated with how it works. There is nothing that can't be fixed by throwing more money at it :-)
    Rich.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Thanks Rich for the link, is from china also, the tubes there(china) are very cheap, mine was $230 Usd for 60 Watts.
    I found today a laser technic who works for medical laser aplications, he uses the co2 lasers. He says he can convert my tube to the old fashion tubes with a vaccum pump and a gas supplier tank, the tank will lasts for a year, and the tube for ever... too much to be true....lets see...
    Some pics,
    Luis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lasergas.gif   CO2laser_wht.gif   dkfig2.gif