584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > UPG-2 compiling errors

UPG-2 compiling errors

When I go thru the new source file generation using the templates, I make the modifications I need for my machine and save off as a new source and library files, I get a successful compile.

If I exit out of the UPG-2 program and come back to my newly created source file, not even making any edit's, I get compiling errors when I run compile. I tried that after making minor edit's and being mystified why the compiler errors out.

What am I doing wrong?

I have resorted to always recreating all my modifications to a new template to get a successful compile.

Re: UPG-2 compiling errors

Quote Originally Posted by krikrellim View Post
    When I go thru the new source file generation using the templates, I make the modifications I need for my machine and save off as a new source and library files, I get a successful compile.

If I exit out of the UPG-2 program and come back to my newly created source file, not even making any edit's, I get compiling errors when I run compile. I tried that after making minor edit's and being mystified why the compiler errors out.

What am I doing wrong?

I have resorted to always recreating all my modifications to a new template to get a successful compile.
    Update: When I get the compile error, it says that it cannot find the library file. The library file listed has an erroneous directory path, it appears it is concatenating improperly the directory path twice. I have got UPG to successfully compile, I am not exactly sure what makes it work, other than after I open the source file, I had to save the source file before compiling, even if I hadn't made any edits, it doesn't seem to always work though

Re: UPG-2 compiling errors

The UPG is only good for compiling. Never use it for edits, even a single one. It's too buggy and you risk ruining your work. Use the EC Editor for edits, UPG for compiling.