584,802 active members*
5,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > No go on cycle start

Angry No go on cycle start

Hi, All

I have a 96 BMC 4020 SSM I'm at a lose. It will not start a cycle the button blinks green but no go. I have control power and I can manually move all axes. turn on the flood and wash down but will not start a calibration cycle. On start up i had a CMOS error battery so I replaced it and this error is fixed now. I also check the power supply and the 24V power supply there with in spec. I have replaced the all relays on the I/R board too. I pined out all the cable between the control pendent and the cabinet so far no broken wires. I check the buttons ( power and cycle start) i have continuity thru both and switch them and both are seem to be good. I remover the PC hard drive an slaved it to one of the office computers i scanned it for viruses and defrag it and it checked out ok. The hard drive is only 3 years old. I reinstalled and fried up the mill and still have the same problem. Right before it quit work completely I was running a cycle and had some light chatter or vibration in milling. It shut down the control power which is not the first by any means. it will generate a I/R fault error. this has happened a lot in the past. So I have had too reset the servos 10 to 15 before the control power would return. Of course in the middle of a machining cycle. Most of the time I have to shut the main power down and restart the machine.

Any ides I'm open

I have also had these error once or twice before

1.) Servo Fault - I/R Fault a lot

2.) Spindle speed fault sense - not at commanded speed ATC error on selecter operation spindle fault - Orient error one time a year ago

2.) Could not access dual port ram on Matrix 4-XYZS Servo board 2 or 3 time a year or so ago

Re: No go on cycle start

There is a little solid state relay on the board in the console. It may have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    There is a little solid state relay on the board in the console. It may have failed.
    Bloke,

I know this is super old. I have 98 BMC4020. Getting Server Fault - I/R Fault as soon as I press the Cycle Start.

You mentioned a relay on the control board? Can you elaborate on which board?

Thanks in advance,
    Henry

The little relay is on the PCB in the console (not the main Console node but the PCB mounted directly to the back of the membrane keyboard). This is only in the SSM consoles not the MAX 3 consoles. If you have two screens, this isn’t you.
    Open the back cabinet doors and see what LEDs light up on the I/R module. This is the unit to the left of the spindle drive. It sounds like you have a fault with this.

Thanks Bloke,

So, I turn the machine on, I/R Module light is green until Ultimax 3 boots up. Then the green light goes out. The Yellow light "should" illuminate but it doesn't appear to.

I check the voltage on pins 63 and 64 and the do have 24v. On them. The moment I press cycle start, I get the fault and the green light comes back on, on the I/R Module.

I've watched what happens and and on the Hurco Control Relay Board I noticed (and hear) relays click and CR6 has a green light illuminated while non others are. Not sure if that's related.

I've been starring at the Siemens Engineering document and it seems that few tests it outlines (checking voltage on various pins I/R module) seem to pass.

Here are a few images that may give a clue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200912_092035.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	448600
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200912_092029.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	448602

Thanks again for any help,
    Henry