584,837 active members*
5,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 7 123

3d puzzle dxf files

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me find some 3d puzzle files to cut on my laser. I have a few files already and have found it to be very interesting past time. If i can figure it out i will try to get an example pic up here of one of the puzzles. thanks for your help here are some free dxf puzzle files that i have for anyone who is interested. Youll have to figure out how to assemble them on your own- thats the fun part
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CHADWIGGAN

here is a site pic of one file i have http://www.i8899.com/shop/popup_image.php/pID/35
    CHADWIGGAN

Check out the Dinosaur skeleton dxf files thread started by ynneb. There's 11 pages of posts to sort through for 3D puzzles. That should keep you busy for awhile.

Have fun,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Watch this link to samples from a lasercompany.

http://www.epiloglaser.com/sample_club.htm

Bent

Thanks guys. i guess i didnt research the threads enough. I have hundreds of laser art dxf files if anyone ever needs something. Most of them are 2d dxf files but all the 3d ones i posted a attachment above. Ive been runing through these old threads and takin in all the files i can so i should be busy for a while. if i find something new i will post it for everyone
    CHADWIGGAN

muito bom vlz

dxf 3d

Hello
    I wonder if someone sells a CD with plans in dxf 3d to be cut into cnc

Smile 3D puzzle files

Hi i was wondering if sombody has copys of the 3d puzzle DXF files that are posted on here as i tryed to open they and they didnt open that would be much appreciated

Eg
    Fly
    Mantis
    Eagle
    Spider etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ottiet View Post
    Hi i was wondering if sombody has copys of the 3d puzzle DXF files that are posted on here as i tryed to open they and they didnt open that would be much appreciated

Eg
    Fly
    Mantis
    Eagle
    Spider etc

Thanks

I put all the files in a single zip file, download the zip then see If they work.

(All the links above worked for me)

Free DXF - vectorink.com

these files are in DXF format... If you dont have Autocad of simular CAD program you can use the viewer...it is free to download here http://www.solidworks.com/pages/prog..._register.html

Hope this helps
    Bob

Smile Puzzle DXF Files

Hi Switcher thanks very much for trying that im using AutoCad 2004 LT for this but when i open the file it tells me Drawing is discarded i cant work out why they wont open has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ottiet View Post
    Hi Switcher thanks very much for trying that im using AutoCad 2004 LT for this but when i open the file it tells me Drawing is discarded i cant work out why they wont open has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    I used to use that as well but ran into the same issues. Try progeCAD 2008 Smart! It's completely free for private use and works perfectly for me everytime. I learned of this fine program from the folks here so it's nice to be able "give back" once in awhile-

http://www.progecad.com/compra/index...age=1&lang=eng
    Dave->..

Hi chadwiggan

Do you have eny pictures of the annimals so I can see how they stick together?

Willem

these are all the pics i have of the puzzles. It kinda takes the fun out if you cheat though. then it wouldnt really be a puzzle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strytratops_04.jpg   SPIDER02.jpg   EAGLE_05.jpg   eagle_spider_mantis.jpg  

FLY_105.jpg   MANTIS.JPG  
    CHADWIGGAN

Thanks Chadwiggan

They are beautyful.

Greetings:
    Willem

Guys, the Eagle file is set up for a .05" slot but I need .125" (based on 1/8" ply) ... is it simply a matter of scaling the whole drawing, or (and more preferable) can someone explain the easiest way of scaling just the slots?

Jay

the Eagle file is set up for a .05" slot but I need .125" (based on 1/8" ply)
    Here is another one set up at 1/8 slots.

blackbeard, thank you for this. I took some time laying out the pieces for my router's table size and material ... now I just need to go get another sheet of 1/8" ply I'll post a photo when I'm done.

Jay

Glad I could help...

Bob

ART stuff

A little Mach 3 art work

Page 1 of 7 123