584,798 active members*
4,151 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

plasma z axis and proma 150 thc, linit switches

Hi i have nearly finished my first cnc build, but would appreciate some help.and this is my first post.

i am using ucnc and an axbb board,

the thc proma 150 in test is working well, and it moves the z axis up and down . what i am having problems with is a few things,
    1) the floating axis i have for the torch, does not operate, (i have not using any code but just doing everything from the uccnc software. the switch , i have set to probe, and this opens and close the contact in the diagnostics, However it does not operate in practice. i have cut some steel up manually and it would be useful to get the z axis at the right start height? is this a way uccnc is set up, or is this something that will always happen without using something like sheetcam?

2) when cutting manually , if i start the arc, the gantry will not move? i need to start movement and then press the arc button. Again have i set this up wrong?

3) i am also having a problem with the limit /home switches, to be honest i have not got a clue whats going wrong, when i hit a limit switch and it is open, the error message comes up, i press reset, also look in the diadnostics, but it will not restart, even if i press override,

could you tell me the bst way of setting this up please. at the moment i only have one input available, and i have the 6 switches in series.

not being used to cnc machines this is something i an not clued up on, but every days a laerning day.

Re: plasma z axis and proma 150 thc, linit switches

no 3 fixed , was a setting in uccnc , i did not have a tick box checked , for the amount of distance for the axis to move after it hit the home switch.

still having problems with 1 and 2.