584,805 active members*
5,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb About Siemens Control Unit

Hi everyone
    I am looking for used cnc milling machines. In my country Turkey, generally there are taiwan machines and japanese controllers. I have found a deckel maho 2003 model cnc and it has siemens controller. In the bussiness, people say , fanuc and mitsubishi are better because they are very common. So I am asking you if I would regret with siemens controller or not.
    Ps: I am very new about cnc. I tried manual milling and turning machines a little time but researched about cncs.
    For a new starter, it doesnt matter about controller because i dont know about others either.
    Can I find online resources for siemens controller if i face a problem in the controller?
    I am mainly planning to use cad/cams , do i need to know to use the controller that much?
    And my other concern about deckel maho, it has many safety precaution( many sensors). Would I have problem to run the machine because of sensors. Why do i ask this,because the machine i am talking about has a sensor problem on the tool changer cover. You have to push switches in a order to run the machine in first run

Re: About Siemens Control Unit

Quote Originally Posted by mrtaa View Post
    Hi everyone
    I am looking for used cnc milling machines. In my country Turkey, generally there are taiwan machines and japanese controllers. I have found a deckel maho 2003 model cnc and it has siemens controller. In the bussiness, people say , fanuc and mitsubishi are better because they are very common. So I am asking you if I would regret with siemens controller or not.
    Ps: I am very new about cnc. I tried manual milling and turning machines a little time but researched about cncs.
    For a new starter, it doesnt matter about controller because i dont know about others either.
    Can I find online resources for siemens controller if i face a problem in the controller?
    I am mainly planning to use cad/cams , do i need to know to use the controller that much?
    And my other concern about deckel maho, it has many safety precaution( many sensors). Would I have problem to run the machine because of sensors. Why do i ask this,because the machine i am talking about has a sensor problem on the tool changer cover. You have to push switches in a order to run the machine in first run
    Siemens is also great brand for the CNC controller, here we use Fanuc and similar controllers here.
    http://cncmakers.com/cnc/controllers/CNC_Controller_System/CNC_Retrofit_Package.html

Re: About Siemens Control Unit

If this is the PC based Siemens version, the first thing you need to do is back up the hard drive, if this eventually crashes, then you will be out of luck, it costs about $1000 to get replacement.!
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.