584,802 active members*
4,929 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: OKUMA LT10-M

Page 1 of 2 12

OKUMA LT10-M

Hello guys

In our company we have an old Okuma twin spindle turning centre.Could anyone tell me, what this fault mean: alarm-a 1029-41 svp sa power circuit low voltage TA .
    The book with alarm and error list explain the following: The servo amplifier has detected voltage drop in the amplifier power circuit. A warning lamp LV on the servo amplifier is lit
    AXIS-in our case is TA turret , somtime is TB
    We can produce pieces somtime eight houres or more, and than this alarm occur.
    Is it posible that is temperature in back of electric closet is to high,or the problem is somewhere else.

And another problem i have in this machine that i cant turn turret with button in manual mode but in mdi or auto mode i can.

I would be happy for any help

Re: OKUMA LT10-M

First thing to check with Manual vs auto or MDI is the input from the switch. Go into Check Data for the I/O and confirm that the switch is in fact functioning. Input will toggle on/off when the button is pushed. Use the Maintenance manual for a guide of where the input is located Probable EC Input? depending on vintage of control you are working with. Another stupid idea is to make sure that you are actually on the + limits. if it's off by .0001 it's not happening. Auto may pull it back to the limit...MDI well that's different unless it's commanded to go to limits as well. It is normally required to be on the + X or Z limit to index.

If I recall correctly, both turrets are driven off of the same drive unit. I'm guessing that the drive is getting low voltage as described or is starting to fail. Have a qualified person check some of the voltages - especially incoming voltage to make sure it's not dropping. Sometimes when the weather gets warm and the AC units start kicking in locally, voltage will drop enough to start affecting the machinery. You should have a multi tap transformer on that machine, so adjustment should be possible if needed.
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Hello
    First i must thanks to OkumaWiz for help.
    I check data and switch is working.About soft limits i thing they are good , because i get light that confirm that limits are reached , but still manualy i cant turn any turret upper or lower.I forgot to say that okuma was resets whan I start to work on it.i check all parameters (Word,Long word and Bits) and and I think they are good .

About low voltage alarm right now they are mounting the air conditioner on the electronics cabinet because the fans is out of order.I'll let you know next week if that was the reason for alarm.

Hello again

After we mount air conditioner is the temperature in electronics cabinet ok , but still we have the same alarm-a 1029-41 svp sa power circuit low voltage TA or TB but only when the machine is cuple of hours out of production or when we start after weekend on monday.
    Than when I try to rotate turret in MDI mode (TA or TB ) alarm ocur but I can reset it and than machine works fine. Is it possible that something is hold the turret and then release it.I don't have a plan for the turret and I don't know what could be holding it back from turning.
    I would be happy for any help.

How does your voltage actually check out?

The turret has a curvic coupling that is hydrauically clamping the turret. I t will not index until it is unclamped, but it does not give the low voltage alarm in that case it would be turret unclamp alarm.

Try to MDI the turret to the limit and then go to Mid-auto-manual to attempt the index by push button. Will that work for you?

Best regards,

Hello

Again thank you mr.OkumaWiz to helps me with my problems.
    I try to MDI turret to limit and than switch to Mid-auto-manual and when I push index button nothing happens-turret not index. Is it possible that this dont work because I don't have done limits for A-turret 2 spindle ?
    I am a beginner on this machine and we make pieces without a loader - on each spindle and without stock transfer.I have no idea what the limits for AB should be. Here are pictures of the hard and soft limits on the machine.Hope the path is correct.

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/membe...arameters.html

Your limits look strange on the A spindle 2 side. Go to your X+ Stroke End limits on A Spindle 2 and press SET and the type in the same number that is there: example: 24427.370 and WRITE. This will reset your Variable limits to their max value automatically. Repeat this on A Spindle 1. Your X+ limits should now match. Test and give feedback please.

Hello

Thanks OkumaWiz for the advice and help so far.
    According to your instructions, now the limits on A Spindle 2 and A Spindle 1 match.But still i cant turn the turret in manual mode.I will check the parameters again if I missed anything.I also noticed a new problem. When I write in MDI mode for example S500 M3 - turns on the spindle. Then I go into the manual mode and I can't recall the turns manually with the ccw or cw keys.
    Problems keep coming one after another.

Best regards and stay healthy

Hello

Mr. OkumaWiz
    In attachment parameters from machine from today.

For spindle rotation, check your Machine System Parameters (spindle)

1st/2nd spindle S command cancel by M02/M30
    When an M02/M30 command is executed, the S command value effective up to that point is cancelled.

This will also cancel the S commanded spindle speed by reset (switching modes). I'm assuming the door is closed of course.

You may also want to check this for the Milling Spindle

SB command cancel by M02/M30
    When an M02/M30 command is executed, the S command value effective up to that point is cancelled.

Do you have an Operation manual for the LT- series for your machine? I'm thinking that you may have an interlock parameter such as ZB-W that may be affecting your turret indexing. Is the indexing issue occurring on both turrets? Are you taking the A-turret to both X+ and +Z limits in G140? Is the B turret at X+ Z+(w+)? Can you spin the spindle at 1500 RPM with the door close to make sure the door interlock is working correctly?

LT200/LT300 SERIES
    OPERATION MANUAL

BTW which control are you using on this machine?

One more thing...When you push the turret index button, do you hear the turret unclamp or not?

Best regards,

Hello

Thanks OkumaWiz for help.
    I'm sorry I didn't answer for a while because I was on vacation.
    YES the spindel rotation problem is solved.Like you said it was a optional parameter Nr.34 bit 2 which was the problem.Now works fine.Thanks to You.
    The controller on the machine is OSP 7000L.
    When I press the turret rotate button I don’t hear anythingt that the turret is unclampt and yes i have problem indexing on both turrets.
    If anyone has a similar machine I would ask if he can send backup parameters of his machine to this post that i be able to compare with ours.

Best regards

Do you have your Z+ A turret limits set so that when in G140 the Z stops about 1/2 way between spindles? It should do the same when in G141 preferably to the same location. It should not travel further until the spindle mode is switched. Also check your W+ and Z+ limits on the lower turret to make sure they match exactly. I’ll check locally to see if I can get a parameter backup from an LT-10.

Best regards,

Hello

Mr.OkumaWiz

I found ( i think) problem for alarm-a 1029-41 svp sa power circuit low voltage TA.
    When the operator changes pieces on the machine and the door is open for more than 1 minute, an alarm occurs, but if he change pieces in less than a minute, there is no alarm and machine works fine all day long.
    Is it possible that the time somewhere in the parameters of the machine or loader is set even we are not working with the loader?
    Very odd fault.

Ok you just said a keyword: LOADER. Does this machine have prep for loader or gantry or Robot on it? If so, the loader interface sometimes has specific stations assigned for clearance when loading. This may be preventing index as well. Also 2 bits to try. #7 bit 5 is robot interlock release. #8 bit 3 is Loader inside lathe interlock release.

Best regards,

Good morning Mr.OkumaWiz

Sorry for such a late reply .
    Like you said i changed two bits -#7 bit 5 on 1 and #8 bit 3 on 1 and everything now works perfectly.
    I can turn turret in manual mode with turret index button and also turns spindle manually with the ccw or cw button.
    Thank you sir for everything , for your time, for your help.
    If I have any more problems I know I can turn to you for help.

Quote Originally Posted by samop0806 View Post
    Good morning Mr.OkumaWiz

Sorry for such a late reply .
    Like you said i changed two bits -#7 bit 5 on 1 and #8 bit 3 on 1 and everything now works perfectly.
    I can turn turret in manual mode with turret index button and also turns spindle manually with the ccw or cw button.
    Thank you sir for everything , for your time, for your help.
    If I have any more problems I know I can turn to you for help.

Glad to hear that you’re working properly!

Also, thanks for the feedback!

Best regards,

Good morning Mr.OkumaWiz

I have another question
    When I test the program in the simulation mode with machine lock button it does not show me the tool change but it simulates only tool that is currently selected on the machine.
    However, when the machine is running, it normally change the tools in the graphics as tools are defined.
    It bothers me because, for example, when simulate with an external turning tool then the same tool shows me when I turn to internal and deletes my blank.

Best regards

On your shape definition page for your tools make sure that each tool uses an offset only once. Duplicates will throw off graphics and having no offset defined will also throw them off. Typically Tool one has offset 1 etc with a groove tool possibly having two of the registers used, 01 = 12 for left side of insert and 02 = 22 for right. Also skip canceling the offset like T0100, as it will make graphics “jump” when the offset goes away.

Also are any tools defined by variables in your program? They will overwrite your tool data settings if they are.

Hallo again

I checked everything as you described and I have only one offset on X , Z for each tool. As I described when I test the graphics with maschine lock it shows me only the tool that is in position in the turret.
    However, when I make a piece in automatic mode when the turret turns , than in graphic shows the tools as defined.
    Is it possible that the problem is again somewhere in the parameters, or the OSP 7000L does not support this.
    Or there is a bug somewhere in my program.

$EXAMPLE.MIN%
    (OP 10)
    G13
    G140
    M100 P0001
    M216
    CLEAR
    DEF WORK[M]
    PS LC,[-129,0],[89,60]
    PS LC,[-40,0],[40,43]
    PS LC,[-129,0],[48,25],0
    PS LC,[-43,0],[86,25],0