I don't see a separate solidworks CAM forum but I think it is camworks renamed I'm new to solidworks CAM. I'm trying to clean up some material in some raised lettering inside a pocket bottom with a tiny end mill. For some reason the tool path generated does what I need but ALSO machines segments of the inside perimeter of the pocket, which has already been finish machined with a large end mill. The small endmill would take forever if I left that part of the tool path in. I used the contain functionality to try to keep the tool path where its needed, but no matter what I do or what setting I change using a contain area, that operation gets skipped. In the operations parameters I have under roughing tab rest machining from WIP, generate is checked. I have tried window and profile contain, drawn a sketch of the contain area and tried to use that, tried every permutation of settings that I was able to, all result in skipping the clean up operation I need. In other operations the contain function worked fine. I even deleted the operation and redid it, with no luck there either. What am I doing wrong? I don't know that I can use an "avoid" area because I need to avoid the interior perimeter of a pocket so I would need a donut shaped avoid area and I don't think there is a way to do that...if I pick the top edge or surface of the pocket to "avoid" it fills inward, no way to get it to make a donut..This is killing me.