585,722 active members*
4,189 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where to lift up IH ?

I get tomorrow my machine, it´s not IH but it is same type.
    I need lift up it to the table, but I don´t know where and how ? Where I should put my lifting ropes... Have anyone pictures from lift up IH ?

Thanks for your help.

PS. Someday it is CNC-machine...

Juka

I don't have any pictures (I was busy at the time). When I lifted my RF40, I wrapped a 3" cargo strap around the head and the post to lift. I placed the hook from an engine hoist right behind the motor. This balanced well because the CG was just below the head.

Here's one way I did it:

Later I just took a short cut and put a loop of rope around it's "neck". Locked the Z gibs just in case, and lifted. Move the y axis around a bit and you can almost lift level.

ciao

lino

Please...study that photo and ask yourself where is the center the weight will rotate around if the machine tilts? (We lift heavy things...a lot!)
    Way too low under the table unless steps are taken to secure the top of the weight such as several turns of line around the column and motor and the suspending lines.
    If you must lift it monolithically do as the chap suggested and lift from the column and motor/head juncture with it run to the top.
    Better still do it piece meal

Quote Originally Posted by QSIMDO View Post
    Please...study that photo and ask yourself where is the center the weight will rotate around if the machine tilts? (We lift heavy things...a lot!)
    Way too low under the table unless steps are taken to secure the top of the weight such as several turns of line around the column and motor and the suspending lines.
    This is a good point and I thought I recalled doing something to that effect when I roped it up. Sure doesn't look like it in the picture though.

Perhaps I should remove the pic?

ciao

lino

I simply put a couple of rated lift straps around the collar of the head with the head lowered as low as possible and locked. Seems pretty stable and balanced. Please note this is on the older style (like in the above picture) and perhaps is not suitable on the new style. Watch your fingers and don't rush.

Thank you for good advices, machine is inside now and stand on table.
    That is nice machine!