Hey guys, thanks in advance for your help!

I'm currently building a large 4x8 CNC router and I'm trying to get Mach3 set up. I'm using an ESS (Ethernet Smoothstepper) with a C11g board. My motors are Nema 34s and my drivers are DQ860MAs. I'm running Windows 10.

I downloaded Mach3 and set up the ESS plugin. Upon starting Mach3 after turning the ESSon, the ESS had a solid green upper right light and a flashing green lower right light, so I think it was properly connected. The red power light on the C11g board was on. The motors were locked.

I set the motors to their pins in the config menu. I was a little confused on how to find the port (my current theory is that that's the issue, that I put in the incorrect port number) but I went to device manager, filtered by connection, and selected the only ethernet port I could see, which happened to have a port number of 0001. Then I set the motor outputs to their respective pulse and dir pins, applied changes, and restarted mach3.

When I tried to use the arrow keys to move the motors, they did not respond (I checked that the system hotkeys are correct). The DRO, however, did respond to the arrow keys.

Any ideas? I'm fairly new to the electronics side of CNC, so please forgive my ignorance.

Again, many thanks for all the help!