584,829 active members*
4,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas Probe to Re-Processor

I was wondering is it possible to use the Renishaw probe to pick up and reprocess your g-code so that, if you vise is 5 degrees off it will compensate your program to machine like it was dialed in true?

Any help or suggestions would be great.

070718-0638 EST USA

ninthmp:

If you have the rotation and scaling option, then you do not need to reprocess your G-code. You simply insert the correct rotation instruction at the beginning of your program.

So you could have your probe measuring function at the beginning, determuine the angle, and use G68 with the desired center of rotation and the angle passed in via the parameters A, B, and R. See the HAAS on-line manual p-126.

(edit) Far cheaper and better to adjust your vise for zero angular error. (end edit)

Do you need it for each part machined or just for first piece set up?
    I know of the company, they machine big castings by clamping them to the fixture.Then Renishaw probe checks few points and adjusts G68 rotation for each part.They had this program made by application engineer from Haas reseller.So I know for a fact it works.

Never considered using G68, big thanks.

The pieces we machine take up most of our machining envelope of our vf6 so we do not use vises or anything. Plus being almost 70 inches long it takes way to long to get it dialed in. We use the probe non-stop for picking up the basics such as G54 and H offsets. Would like to use it so we can put a part in the machine and do some small adjustments if needed and hit go.

WITOMCIO do you know which HAAS reseller it is as we do not deal with the dealer we bought are machine for reasons I don't want to get into.

Thanks for all your suggestions

Chris