584,879 active members*
5,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > GIBBSCAM 5 axis jewelry rings

GIBBSCAM 5 axis jewelry rings

Hello, I'm new in GibbsCAM and I've been training for a few months using this software. Would like to know if I can make those complicated rings model in 5 axis (My knowledge in 5 axis are basic). Is there any option I can split the surfaces in meshes and reunite them in a logic manner so the strategy I use doesn't collapse? Any suggested strategy in this type of job? Thanks in advance. If someone has any information about usage of gibbscam 5 axis in jewelry I would be glad to learn it. My email: [email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pamje per frezim 5akse.jpg   u4.jpg   u6.jpg  

Re: GIBBSCAM 5 axis jewelry rings

If You have these 3-D models,
    then have them printed in hi-precision wax and investment cast.

Note, the small size of cutters needed and fixture and machine time involved.

Gemcad models?
    Been doing this too long

Hi, thanks for the reply. We do print most of our models in 3D printers, but there is need to do some of the models in CNC technology. The machine to be used is a 5 axis MIKRON HSM 200U LP (Heidenhain iTNC 530) which can do this kind of milling. Also we own small size cutters from Louis Bellet, even 0.8mm. The file of the model is too large so I can't upload it. If u give me your email, you can have a look. I would like to know how can I mill those details in the ring. What strategy to use in 5 axis, because the surface selected may be wrong and i don't know how to split it in mini surfaces that can be more appropriate for my piece. I didn't create the model, I got it from the design, but I'm finding difficulties with the surface selection.
    I know that I'm doing the milling in one proccess and there has to be different phases to catch the piece when milling the inside and outside of the ring and it requires a lot of machining time, but the reason is to see how it will loook in the end.
    Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie8 View Post
    The file of the model is too large
    Thanks for your time.
    Ronnie, can you upload the model to a place where i can access it?
    Preferred format .IGS

No problem with large intricate surface models and i like the small cutters !

Private message ok
    Been doing this too long