584,800 active members*
4,218 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > New Haas VM3 table out of flat

New Haas VM3 table out of flat

Has anyone had any issues with their new Haas VM3 or any other mill table being out of flat, from the factory?

Re: New Haas VM3 table out of flat

Obviously if it is not flat, send it back. Why would you post this here? Trying to post another thread to blow things up and your first post too.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

It’s not as simple as sending it back. What’s wrong with the post, just asking if anyone else had an issue. Yes I am new to this forum, is there a better way to ask?

...has the machine been leveled?

I think your CNC machine is under warranty so you should contact the manufacturer directly for assistance. The problem of not flat table is not easy at all.

Tuan

Quote Originally Posted by AMW2014 View Post
    It’s not as simple as sending it back. What’s wrong with the post, just asking if anyone else had an issue. Yes I am new to this forum, is there a better way to ask?
    Yes there is, you contact Haas.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Yes, has had several service techs out to triple check level and alignment, well beyond normal installation.

Yes, the machine is under warranty, but the problem is that Haas’ spec for table flatness is .001 in the “working area” only and not the full table and even full travel. They said when it left it was .0009 out, which is to their standard.

It was installed at our facility and we noticed it when we checked our rotary table for perpendicularly it was out. We had to shim underneath the rotary to bring it in. We inspected the full table and found it to be out .0025 over the whole table, and out .0019 out in the so-called Haas “working area”.

After going back and forth with the Haas reseller and Haas they finally decided it to be best to remove the table and machine it at a local shop to bring it in. We should receive it back in the next few days and I’ll update to let you know.

We asked why Haas couldn’t send another table and they said because it was built to the same standard as ours, they feared it would be the same as what we already had. According to the warranty paperwork, Haas has the right to repair or replace to fix the issue. Haas said that they would go back and change their standard to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

This is why I asked if anyone else has had this issue with the mold machine from Haas or any others machines they produced.

In electrical cabinet have test report sheet. Can you upload it without machine information (you erase name of machine , serial number etc)?